Monday, June 4, 2018

Week 75: Leadership Counsel with Elder Cordon

This week was a lot of fun! Elder Hassell and I are getting geared up for an awesome week. We got the ward membership list. We have the goal that this week we are going to visit every member, specifically every inactive member on the ward list! If they listen to us we are going to try to get them to come back to church again. The ward of Santa Fe is going to be better than how we found it. I´m pumped and can´t wait to get this thing going. Our investigators are good, they have been going to church and should be getting baptized on the 23rd and then on the 7th of June we´ll have another baptism.
Last Friday we had our leadership counsel.  We had a special visit from Elder Valeri V. Cordon. Elder Cordon spoke a lot about leadership and I feel that by hearing his message we are going to be much better leaders and with that we are going to better as a mission. 

Another thing that is happening here in Central America is that the missionaries from Nicaragua are leaving their mission because of the political unrest. And this means that we will be seeing a lot of new faces and that there will be more areas getting opened. I hope that everything is okay with all those in Nicaragua and also with my cousin, Elder Whelan who is serving in the Guatemala City Central Mission where Volcán de Fuego erupted. I´ve been told all missionaries in his mission are okay and that Kollin is being transferred to another area tomorrow. The ash from yesterday´s volcano eruption hasn´t affected us here yet, but we have been told that the eruption happened.

I know that we can all do a lot of great things in the work of the Lord. I absolutely loved the devotional yesterday that the prophet held for the youth. I was able to start watching around the beginning of his remarks and I loved the spirit of it. I hope everyone can appreciate this historic devotional and will take on his challenges and teachings.  

Congratulations Abby on your graduation! I´m glad from what I´ve heard it was a lot of fun and a special moment. 
I love all of you and hope you have a great week!

We had a mini Family Home Evening on Monday and celebrated the birthday of the Hermana Adalia. We are at their house. left to right: Valeri, Hermana Pacheco, Yensi, Alejandro, Hermana Adalia and Fernando.  We are currently teaching and reactivating all of the family. 
At the end of the Leadership Counsel I grabbed Elder Cordon and his wife to take a picture. He loved it! He was really happy to do it for my mom!
Here I am with President and Sister Ferman too. On July 1 he will be training the new Comayaguela Mission President.
This is all the leadership here in the mission. We have a leadership meeting every month with President, and Elder Cordon was here this month for it and spoke to us.

Elder Hassell and I at the leadership counsel. We got photobombed by Elder Michael!
Fighting off cavities!
at our lunch yesterday we had some fun messing with Ricardo (if you remember him from a couple of weeks ago) and this toothbrush.
We can go to a dentist to get checked out if we need it. I have been good. Elder Hassel has had his checked by a Hermana who is a licensed dentist. All is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment