Monday, May 7, 2018

Week 71: Humility in the Lord's service


This week was a pretty good one. Our two dates for this next weekend came this last Sunday and they should be baptized this next Saturday. 

I am excited that I will be able to call home on Sunday for Mother’s Day.

This past Thursday we had a leadership council and president made known some of his concerns here in our mission. From his message we will be focusing a lot more on companionship study and finding new investigators. I loved the messages that everyone prepared. 

On Friday we had our interviews and president once again emphasized companionship study. My companion and I have had a lot of time together and next week will be the week of changes. President told us that most likely I will be staying and Elder Vazquez will be leaving the area. 

I did have a a cool spiritual experience this week while reading in the Book of Mormon. I was reading in the book of Alma, the 26th chapter, it’s one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. It speaks a lot about humility in the Lords service and the boasting in the Lord. I had another spiritual uplifting as I read it again, I knew that the Lord wanted me to remember him more than myself in the work. I know that this is the Lords work and that we need to be humble while we do it and I know that he’ll double the result if we trust in Him. 

I love you guys and hope you all have a fantastic week!

love you all  

Elder Vazquez loves cooking Mexican food. He cooks a lot of tacos and carne asada. It is always so good. We cooked last Monday's food over at Jorge's Panaderia or bread shop.  Jorge has a little road side place and does very well.  He also cooks steak and other meat at night. Jorge is a return missionary from Bolivia.  He served about 3 years ago.  He is in our stake and the singles here don't have their own ward they are mixed with the wards they just have separate classes.
I always let Elder Vazquez cook because his cooking is so good.  I have the guacamole part down which I feel is the most important part of the tacos.  You can have whatever kind of meat in them but the salsa is the most important part. XD

We were eating at the Familia Andino's. (Antione and Andrews house)
Elder Vazquez broke his cup while we were eating.  They all thought it was funny.
This is Ricardo.  He is at our lunch on Sunday's.  He is 9 and very crazy. He is talking to his grandma to see what time she is going to get to our lunch appointment. The mom of Ricardo is Mariela and his Grandma is Hermana Ordoñez. 
He likes taking rubber bands and shooting us with them.  In this picture he is threatening me with a pencil.  It was very funny. 

My mom always asks who does or how I do my laundry in each area.  In the area of Santa Fe in Country we go to Hermana Sonia Carrasco's house to wash clothes. We do it on Monday (Preparation Day) for free. She gives us water, but we bring detergent and bleach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment