Monday, August 13, 2018

Week 85: Ever been to Tizatillo?

My new comp! Elder Justus McKay Owen from West Jordan, Utah.
So I told you guys that I had transfers last week so here they are. I left Santa Fe and am now in Tizatillo, in the zone Loarque with Elder Owen. He has 22 months on his mission and is going to be finishing it here with me. He's from west Jordan, Utah and is super chill. We have been working hard out here. The area when I showed up was kind of in the dumps. The zone is in some problems, there haven’t been a lot of baptisms so I hope with my companion that we can change things out here. Other missionaries have been working hard and with a lot of people but have never really challenged their investigators. So I showed up and we started challenging, we had 6 people accept baptism in under a week. 

I love this area. The people are so humble. Tizatillo is basically a pueblo.  Elder Owen and I get along really well! It was pretty funny because last Monday we had a choir practice. We  were going to be performing in a gira misional with a seventy and I saw Elder Owen there. The two of us just kept saying we were going to be comps and lo and behold it happened. We work hard together and are having fun. 

The members in this area are really cool. We actually have a bishop so that’s a big plus. There are a lot of young men in this area too, so we may be doing a lot of divisions once I get to know the area a little more. I’m looking forward to this change and getting to know a little more of Honduras. In my zone there is a place called Ojojona which is a big tourist spot. They sell a lot of souvenir type things so I’ll be looking to pick up some stuff finally. I haven’t really seen what they have but have heard and I’m looking forward to it.

This week I went through some of the talks my parents have sent me and the one I focused on was one that talks about the necessity of the atonement of Jesus Christ. Obviously we need it, we've all messed up, but the talk goes a little more in depth on how much Jesus suffered and also what the Father suffered watching His Son suffer. I was awestruck by the spirit that touched and testified of that divine sacrifice by both of these supreme beings. One having to go through all the suffering and the other not to intervene. I love my Savior and my Father in Heaven who have sacrificed so much that we can live with them again. Even though we mess up so much. I'm grateful for their guidance with latter day prophets and revelation. I hope all of you have a great week and can think on the sacrifice that was made for you and thank the Lord for the atonement.

with lots of love
Elder Owen finishes his mission in September. We were in the same zone when I was in the Bulevar zone. Even though we were in the same zone we only saw each other at changes. (which was two times) I feel like I know him though. We have had a lot of the same mission companions.
Elder Zachreson is being transferred to Country. He will be finishing his mission in September. His flight lands in Vegas at 9pm, I think on the 19th. (it is probably what flight I will be on when I come home in December)
Goodbye to Elder Contreras. The best thing about him is how loving he is with the people he meets. 
The green house is ours in Tizatillo.  We live in a residencial (a neighborhood) so there are a bunch of houses and we have security. Where we live is super safe. It takes us 30 minutes by bus to get to the city. We are in the city limits but out there at the same time.
We found these shirts in the street! Awesome right?! (30 limps)
BALEADA'S!!
my hair looks crazy because of something hanging on the back wall.
Elder Owen and I made these baleada's with a member.

No comments:

Post a Comment