Monday, February 26, 2018

Week 61: Dumbledore... Cheetos... I'm still laughing


Super Missionaries! 
So this week was a lot of fun for us. Elder Vazquez and I get along pretty well. He is a fun guy, but it’s easy to write him off because he is really kind of a serious guy. When you warm up to him, he’s funny and very open to mess around. 

We had our first kind of goofy experience while at a members house. She is known for giving references to the missionaries, her name is Hermana Pacheko and she is about 65-70 years old. She dyes her hair red, and she is just a funny person all around. There was one point where she was talking about how close she was to the old mission president, but she couldn’t remember his name. So Elder Vazquez put her knowledge to the test. He asked her a few names off the top of his head and if she remembered. She started thinking, and said no. So Vazquez started saying names from movies like ''President Potter?'' no she responds, ''President Frodo?'' once again no. Then my comp yells, ''Entonces era President Dumbledore!'' and she responds, oh yeah it is him, I knew him since we were young. I laughed so hard I was dead I couldn’t stop laughing, the poor lady.

This is Valeria's little brother. John Carlos his nicknames= botas or pelón
botas=boots  pelón=bald
Now I have to get to the little kid I have in this weeks photos. He is the little brother of our baptism of Valeria. He is very funny and misbehaves. So on Sunday Valeria brought him with her for her confirmation. He starts it off running around with his Cheetos in the church, he ends up falling and Cheetos go flying everywhere! I mean everywhere. Well, he started crying and so we helped save some of his precious Cheetos. 
Then here comes the best part. We are in the sacrament meeting and the sacrament is being passed, we are all reverent, but little BOTAS is going crazy. He’s running in the aisles and doing his own thing really, but so far not really bothering anyone. Me and my companion are really calm and relaxed... and then Botas makes a break for the piano on the stand! We are holding our breath as he trying to open the piano... I’m frozen, I don’t know if I can get up and stop him or if that interrupts the ordinance...? I don’t have kids... I froze, okay. You wouldn’t think a little kid should be able to open the piano, but with pure luck-- he gets the piano open! I can still hear his gleeful yell! It still makes me laugh! ''PIANO!!!'' And then you can guess... he strikes the keys in full fervor in the middle of the sacrament meeting! I was dying. A loving sister of the ward eased him off the stand and took him outside. 

The ward in my new area is very nice. It is known as one of the “magic wards” of the mission, because the missionaries always get references and the work basically does it itself. There are a lot of members here that want to help.
I’m really excited for this next change. It’s going to be good.
Love you guys!

Keep Truckin’



We found these masks in a members house my first day here in Country.  I think the lady's name is Hermana Duron. They live in the area Los Laureles. We are opening a new area there and just showed them the house they will be meeting at.
These are some of the missionaries in our zone: Elder Sullivan (St George), Elder Jimenez (Mexicon), Me, Elder Vazquez (Puebla Mexico), Hermana Cronin (Mississippi), Hermana Rojas (Costa Rica), and Hermana Laz (Guatemala).
We baptized 2 this week.
The little boys name is Jose Angel Rivas Velazquez. 
The girl we baptized is Ana Valeria Lopez Mendoza.  She is thirteen and her little brother is so funny.  He is the boy I was writing about in my letter this week. 
These are some members that were instrumental in helping Valeria get baptized.  Hermana Olga (I know right?) is the one in the blue and Vanessa is the girl in red.
John Carlos, Botas, or Pelón loves the Cheetos!
missionaries in our goofy district


No comments:

Post a Comment