Monday, February 19, 2018

Week 60: Headed to Country

This is the Soleno Family! There are six kids. Jeffrey (in the blue shirt) is the oldest, he is the father of the little little girl. On the far left is Jimmy, he is the second oldest. Barbara (20) and Isa (16) is behind her mom, she doesn't like photos.  Willy (12) is in front by me.  They have another little girl Sina (5), but she was sick and asleep when we took the photos.


So another week down and another change. I will be going to the city in a zone called Country. My new companion will be Elder Vazquez. I don’t know if you guys remember him from one of my last changes around last May/June. While I was serving in Campamento with Elder Valdetano he was companions with Elder Zachreson in Guaimaca. He is from Puebla Mexico. I now have had every Elder that is from Puebla Mexico as my companion in the mission, crazy huh? 

--but yeah, this week we had a leadership counsel and President commented on a couple things our zone could do better. It is just sad for me that I won’t be there to carry it out. My time with Elder Huscroft has come to an end. I am very happy that I could have him as my companion. 

Another set back happened this week-- Huscroft got really sick and we couldn’t work for a while. All the gringo’s here call it the Juticalpa Bug. Seriously, almost every gringo that comes out to Olancho gets really sick and you just can’t work for a bit. We did what we were supposed to. I am leaving Juticalpa and feel that the Lord is satisfied by our work. I’m going to be packing most of my p-day and making sure everything is good here for when Elder Huscroft’s new companion shows up, so that they can kick it right off.

Hope everyone had a good week. I am including photos of a family I worked with for most of my 3 changes here, the Soleno family. They are so much fun and the father has overcome so much to prepare to go to the temple in a little while with his family to claim the blessings therein. 

My new area is like in the smack-dab middle of Tegucigalpa almost. I will be a little bit further in than the zone Torocagua. If you want a reference, Bulevar is the outskirt (or the Nueva) then Torocagua where I was during the lockdown and then Country moves a little farther into the city. So it will really be my first city area. I’ll be on guard for more robbery attempts, but I know if I follow the rules I will be blessed and shouldn’t have any problems.

I love you guys! Hope you have a fantastic week and can keep loving the Lord and his gospel! I know it’s true and it brings peace and strength to our lives if we seek it out. I love you guys and 

keep truckin’


This is the Father. His name is German. He is a school director.  The Soleno's live about 25-30 minutes walking distance from our house.
German is a lot like my dad-- if ya know what I mean... he is funny and he is a very loving man.  He loves his family and every missionary that walks through his door.
Me on Pday after our morning workout.  We are at the church and had just finished some P90X.




No comments:

Post a Comment