Monday, February 12, 2018

Week 59: interview and an answered prayer

We had interviews with the President.  President and Sister Ferman are both converts. This is their first mission and they are serving it together. Sister Ferman is really funny.  She has some funny stories about their training in the Provo MTC. The stories really sum up their marriage she says.  She always tries to speak English with the gringo's because she wants to learn.


So- I have said in numerous weekly letters that I have been doing really good all in all for our zone, but rather bad specifically for the area that my companion and I have been assigned. It has suffered. We have been working hard in interchanges and making sure the other areas are becoming model areas. I think this next week we will definitely be focusing on our area. We did have some fun in interchanges and we are helping a lot. 

I had an interview with President Ferman this past week. In his interview with me he told me he was very proud of the changes and progress of Elder Huscroft and I and that he is glad we are fulfilling our plans and assignments as zone leaders.  I am very proud of our zone and glad the Lord is blessing our work. I hope we can continue with this. 

We had some interchanges on Friday. I went to Guayape and Elder Huscroft stayed in Juticalpa. I worked with the scheduled baptismal dates there and helped answer some of the investigators questions. It was a lot of fun to have a day in Cata Camas. It is way cooler there than here in Juticalpa! It felt relaxing. 

On Sunday Huscroft and I spent a lot of time contacting, but by the end of the day we only had one new interested person. It was very strange. So we had the idea to pray. We did, we asked the Lord to direct us to somebody who wanted to hear the gospel and that was ready to hear our message. We then contacted three more doors all of which said no. Then on the fourth we knocked and a lady answered the door. She came right out and was interested. It was so crazy! I was pretty awestruck. 

Her name is Dolly and she is very nice and she wants to learn more. She currently doesn’t go to a church, but knows and feels that she needs God in her life. I REALLY HOPE SHE CAN KEEP PROGRESSING. We have a visit with her this Thursday. Wish us luck. 

Not much else happened this week. I have learned and do know that prayers are answered according to our faith. I have come to realize that by acting on our faith we were blessed, and that there was somebody who needed to hear us where we were contacting, and we found her! I hope we can all pray this week for what we need with faith so it may come to pass. I know that if it is just, the Lord will give us what we desire.  
Hope we can all do this, Love you all!  

keep truckin’
We saw this path on our way to an appt to a members house. We thought we'd take the shortcut. It turned out to be a creepy grove.  It was full of clothes, bones, and alcoholic beverage bottles. Something had to have gone down there.  
The path ended at a big thorny bush.  We are never walking through there again!
Honduras definitely needs us to "Adopt" this area.
These cute girls remind me of my little sisters.  Their names are Sophie and Valeria.  They are children of a member.  We were at a sister's house whose name is Hermana Lily.  (Their strangled doll play also reminds me of my sisters (pic on right))
We named this cow that we ran into a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know how, but he escapes and we always run into him in different spots.
This is Elder Huscroft's drawing of Little Beefy.
The cow likes to walk behind us sometimes but never gets too close. 
He might want to hear our message. What do you think? 
He is so funny. I think I might be able to get on and ride him one day. Little Beefy is my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment