Monday, February 5, 2018

Week 58: freaky spiders and mountain house medicine



 a Spinyback Orb Weaver Spider, or crab spider 
This week was good. It felt really short. We had some luck finding new people to teach and we enjoyed a calm week as well. One of the best parts of Juticalpa is how calm it is. It´s like I´m in Honduras, but at the same time I´m not, I get to say I´m in Honduras without all of the political problems or danger that is now relatively calming down. 

Elder Huscroft and I are still working hard and we are focusing on finding people that can really progress. We had a couple of people go to church this week who originally we hadn´t met. Some members of our branch brought them to church and they really enjoyed the services. 

Um, one of the highlights/downsides of the week was another douse of food poisoning! We didn´t get to work on Wednesday, but we made it up for it the last part of the week. I did finally crack in to some of the package food and I made a Mountain House bag of lasagna. It was sooo good to have some ´´parmasean´´ cheese and some kind of real tomato sauce.

The zone here in Juticalpa was in a dire strait, but we´ve worked our way out. We now have more investigators attending church than I´ve ever seen here. It is so nice to see a little fruit for our labors, but I know this is just a start and we have to keep going. 

The last couple months we´ve had challenges with some people who have said that they would like to be baptized... then the date arrives and they get cold feet. We are still focusing on these people and we are finding it´s little things you wouldn´t even guess that are a problem for somebody. Like, for instance an 18 year old who ends up not wanting to get baptized cause she doesn´t like being submerged in water.  (things like that that you would never expect) 
Our zone is finding out that the key to preparing the people is love. One of the things I am learning about the mission is if there is someone who is preparing to be baptized and they don´t have a teacher who loves them they will never be ready. It can be compared to what ever skill or talent we want to develop. 1) If we don´t have a desire we´ll never want to develop and change so we will be the same as before and 2) if we don´t have a teacher who loves and wants the best for us we´ll never have teaching that is lasting. 
One of the things I’m soo grateful for were loving seminary teachers, young men´s leaders and parents who have helped me throughout my life and am thankful now for companions who help me daily. 

I´m so happy to be able to learn to be more like Jesus Christ by being one of his representatives. I´ve come to love everyday and I know as I get closer to the end of my mission I´ll want more time. I know I have to make everyday count. I hope and pray I can keep loving more and working as hard as I can for as long as I can. I hope to grow to have a similar vision and love for missionary work as did Spencer W Kimball.
I love you guys and hope you all have a fantastic week!

keep truckin´ 

Mountain House Lasagna - nothing like the taste of American tomato sauce!
We were visiting in Campamento and we went to an American restaurant.  I got this burger. It was soooooooo flippin' good!
This spider is crazy looking. It freaked me out because it landed on my desk.
I call this the devil or demon spider.
Elder Huscroft - having fun with my stuff! (my shirt, my bandana, and my knife)

We have heard that our mission president will be released in July.  We are getting a new Mission President.  
Marvin E. and Diana E. Mejía
I look forward to the change, but also dread it because it´s like a missionary farewell. He interviews us once every six weeks but as a leader I also see him at least once a month. President Ferman will have served the time that the Lord allotted him.  I am sure he is looking forward to getting home and also to see the progress within the mission.  


No comments:

Post a Comment