Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The COUNTRY House

The casa in Country

Elder Vazquez and I are the Zone Leaders in the Country zone and the area we cover is called Santa Fe. The Country Zone covers missionaries in Santa Fe, Quezada, 21 de Febrero, Laureles, Residenciales, Las Mercedes, and El Country mission areas.
I found these sunglasses in the house. Magnum PI? I think they are cool and I might come home with them.
(mom thinks they're HIP-py!
my desk in the Country house.
This is the desk of Elder Vazquez. Back on the wall is where we keep track of our zone numbers.
Fechas are normally missionary set baptismal dates and citas are like appointments.
I live the life! this is where I sleep.
Grateful for this shower!
I get to . . . 
. . . RESET THE WAR CLOCK!!
This shower has warm water.  I will enjoy my time here in Country!
my closet like area.  My sneaks are still surviving!
Our kitchen.  Our apartment is nice.

A cool thing about this area is that there is a tailor here.  He is known for doing amazing suits. I've been thinking about getting a new suit since the one I have is really, really big.  Every time I put it on I feel like a weight watchers commercial.  Even President Ferman called me out last Wednesday.  We were giving a presentation to the new missionaries that arrived and President talked about my weight loss and showed a photo of fat me when I arrived to the mission field.  

February 7, 2017 - my airport arrival to Honduras from the Guatemala CCM
Meeting President and Sister Ferman for the first time
February 12, 2018 - 1 year in Honduras with my companion Elder Huscroft and President and Sister Ferman.
This mission is a lot of walking and the terrain is all hilly and mountainous. We missionaries work our butts off.

So anyways... the cool thing is the guy does suits tailor fitted for about 75 bucks, thats 1600 to 1800 limps.  He says I can pick whatever colors I want.  I don't know if I could do that? or if it would be a burden... just let me know.
(we told Christian to have a suit made and ask if the guy is able to tailor some of his 😉baggy pants.)


anyways... Saturday, March 3, 2018 here in Tegucigalpa we have a meeting with Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve! It's something awesome.  I enjoy it when a member of the Twelve or the Seventy comes to speak to us.  A lot of the times they end with a Q&A. It's cool to have them answer questions on an individual level. We are definitely looking forward to next Saturday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment