Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 62

This week was really cool and was a lot of fun. We started the week off scheduling a baptismal date for the 10th of this month, which is this Saturday. The girl we are going to baptize is Nahara. Her mom is a member and her dad is nowhere to be found (sad story really), but Nahara is 9 almost 10 and wants to be baptized. We are teaching her and it’s really cool to witness because she is like a sponge for the doctrine, its really cool.

We then had other visits with some possible baptisms for this month also or maybe next month with a girl named Nazareth (10) and her older sister Rebbeca (16). Their parents aren’t members but some of their siblings are. We are going to try and teach and baptize the rest of the family. Our visits are a lot of fun as the two of them are so-o funny and they like the messages as well. They are really “goldens” as we sometimes call investigators. 

On Wednesday we helped move the sister’s house, and on Thursday I had interchanges with Elder Sullivan. We had fun and helped his area a bit with some members and set a new baptismal date. 

Friday was our district meeting and we talked about some activities to plan for the zone and the like, so we will be having some fun this change, I think.  
Hey- I found Pokémon cards for cheap. 60 cards for 60 cents! My sisters will be jealous! Don’t worry I’m sending them home to you. 

Saturday was the highlight of the week. Our meeting with Elder Quentin L Cook was a great experience and I learned a lot. He was very emotional and left us a very special blessing that I will treasure and left us with some counsels for the work which is, 1) Love your companion 2) love the people 3) love your mission president and 4) love the Savior. Elder Cook bore a very powerful witness of the Savior and the work of the Lord, and taught us to be the missionaries all of you think we are. 
There is not too much time to write this week but I’ll sum up with what I felt on Saturday. I know the Savior lives, I know it through spirit I felt in that meeting with Elder Cook, the testimony of one of the Lords Apostles, one of His living apostles is a witness of that fact. 

I hope you all have a good week! I’ll answer picture questions more next week. Sorry Mom I don’t have time today. I love you guys! keep truckin’

keeping busy as a companionship. Elder Vazquez is awesome!
Elder Giraldo (my trainer or "dad") with his companion
Elder Navarro (my son!)
Elder Mattson
 This pictures of me on the ground is because I found Carpet! It is so rare. And Mom- you don't have to put in the picture of the dead dog. The dead dog is another weird/sad story that happened on the same day as our meeting with Elder Cook. We saw the dog get run over.  All of the action and sounds are ingrained in my head. 
Pokémon Cards (20 cents a pack)


No comments:

Post a Comment