Monday, March 12, 2018

Week 63


Nahara Angelee Del Cid Lanza was baptized on March 10th!
(I am wearing a jumpsuit because I loaned my white clothes in Juti and never got them back.)

I want to explain a little bit more of last weeks letter and expand. I was really short on time to write you guys. The meeting with Elder Quentin L. Cook was the highlight of the week last week. His words truly have affected my mission and the importance of love in this work is of the utmost importance. It spoke to me on large levels. He told us not to just love the people, but to love your companion, your mission president, and the Lord. He spoke of some of his moments on his mission and the effect they had on his life. His examples taught me how important my mission is and the effect it will have on my life even after I am home. It’s an interesting thought. I loved his witness and testimony of the Savior. It touched me so strongly that I know the Savior truly lives, and he directs our church and guides us in these the latter days. 

This week was good too. We had the baptism of Nahara to complete it and the confirmation both were very good experiences. Nahara had a good experience and asked me to baptize her and enjoys Primary on Sunday. I’m very happy for her and her mother who we reactivated. 

I had a very good experience in my personal study about spiritual gifts this week and finding out that all of the gifts are based on love. It helped testify of the words of Quentin L Cook and the importance of love in the work and in the world today. I hope and pray I can obtain more love for the people, my companion, my mission president, and the Lord because this is what makes us effective tools in the Lords hands, if we have love. The lord has blessed me a lot and the people I’ve had contact with even more for my service, and I hope I can grow even more this week as I have to give a presentation tomorrow for a multi zone conference. Wish me luck and that I can have the spirit with me so that I can help these other missionaries learn something new. I realize now I don’t have much time to write anymore, but I hope its sufficient and that I can help the Lord with my service.

Love, Elder Roberts 
I had this suit made by a member tailor here in Country.  He is another ward and I don't know his name but he made it for me for about 75$ and it only took him about a week to do. I got it just in time for my presentation tomorrow. :)
It was Elder Rocha's birthday on Friday and we had a little celebration for him at the church in Country
This is Elder Sullivan on Friday before Elder Rocha's bday party.
This is Elder Rocha.
A chocolate Lava Cake at Denny's! It was super good as well as an ultimate omelette. Crazy thing...the whole order only cost about 12 bucks.
Elder Vazquez had a run in with Colonel Sanders and I had to take care of the situation.
our district with the colonel


No comments:

Post a Comment