Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 64:multi-zone presentation and facials

Elder Vazquez and I getting facials while teaching the gospel to a Beauty Lady.  XD
So this last week we had a multi zone conference. I was assigned to talk about weekly and daily planning. It might have been a boring presentation except Elder Vazquez and I had the amazing idea to put in some good memes that related to our subject. We put a very good twist on it. We spoke of the love that we need to plan. We emphasized that if we plan for our investigators without love we can do nothing. Anyway, President did like the twist and later talked about it. I feel our message went over well. President was very happy. We took some photos together as a zone in front of the temple after the meeting. 

Later that day Elder Vasquez and I went with an investigator. She is a beauty lady, so she does nails and facials and stuff like that. She decided that she would give us missionaries a discount, so Elder Vazquez decided that we would do it. It was a very good idea! I got my nails fixed finally and Elder Vazquez and I did a facial that cleaned our pores all while we spoke about the gospel. It was kind of a weird experience, but also the only way to talk and teach her really. She is always working. She enjoys the message but is a little closed to us because she goes to a different church. She likes us because we can make her laugh. I feel little by little we will be opening her up to the gospel. 

So news on Ruben... It was so awesome getting his email that he is preparing to receive a mission call! He said in his email that it would be funny if it was to Las Vegas, Nevada! It would be crazy if it was, but also very wonderful if it actually happened. He hasn’t returned my email yet, so I’ll be waiting just like the rest of you. 

On a spiritual note I was reading in Mosiah and I came across something interesting. Abinadi begins to recount Isaiah and he says how beautiful are the feet who proclaim the gospel and the like and then later in the 27 or 28 chapter Mormon is talking about the Sons of Mosiah and says that the prophesy was fulfilled through their much affliction. 
I think it interesting the state of Abinadi, he is a prophet who is about to be put to death for saying what the Lord wanted him to say, I would be a little upset in this moment. I think I would definitely be caught saying, “now why does this have to happen to me? I did what you wanted Lord. Why?” But Abinadi stands tall and holds strong to his testimony and knows that Lord has a plan. Then he is put to death and he never gets to see the fruit of his labor. But to think Alma, one of King Noah’s priests later converts to the gospel and goes and preaches and because of his son the sons of Mosiah are once again turned to the Lord because of their iniquities. Abinadi never saw this, but he knew the Lord had a plan. 
Most times we can’t see or know the Lords plan but we must be confident that he knows so that we can do all things!

love you guys have a good week! 


This is our zone. We tried to coordinate and all matched on purpose today.  The sisters are Hermana Perez, Velasquez, Rojas Cronin and Laz and the elders are Sullivan, Mesa, Vazquez, ME, Hernandez, Frodsham, Rocha (the one by the sisters) and then Kashima, Guerrero, and Jimenez. Elder Zachreson took our picture.
Remember Elder Valdez from my Juticalpa Zone? He was serving in Guayape with Elder Garcia.
Elder Giraldo and I in front of the Tegucigalpa Temple after the multi zone meeting. President loved our presentation and my new suit! lol
Elder Giraldo is enjoying his mission and says he can't wait until we get together in a zone again. We were companions in Campamento, my first area in the Juticalpa Zone and then we both ended up in the Bulevar Zone when I was in Nueva Captiale.


No comments:

Post a Comment