Monday, May 28, 2018

Week 74: battle of the bugs

This week was a doozy. It has been raining here lately and with that the flying ants are back! Which I found out are termites. Kind of weird, this week we found out that we have bed bugs! We were really shocked because Elder Hassell and I hadn’t been bitten. We called the mission office and they responded quickly, getting us new beds. Funny story with the old mattresses-- while we were cleaning we left the old beds outside to clean and we bleached and Permethrined everything, we went ham! All the cleaning took about 45 minutes and when we went back to see what we would do about the beds they were gone! Somebody had taken them! Literally just 45 minutes and somebody took our beds! Thats the last time I leave anything outside. We got some new beds so we are fine and sleeping comfortably now.   We are told we have to permethrin everything at least once a week to kill all of the eggs. So there is that. 

We had a missionary work activity that the ward did and we were surprised that it was a movie night. cool! We were able to watch Jumanji and everyone loved it! We got a lot of references, it was a big success. We are planning on having another activity but with dodgeball. It should be a good one. I like dodgeball.

We also had a funny contacting moment. We decided to act like we were looking for somebody who doesn’t exist. It makes the topic of the gospel come up faster. So we were talking to a woman and my comp tried the method. He asked for a ´´Gustavo´´ and the lady asked for Gustavo´s last name, and he responded with a popular last name, ´´Hernandez´´. It was very strange because she then asked for this Gustavo´s description. I replied, tan and short and she replied that it wasn´t who she thought it was -- HER BROTHER! We had his name exactly right, we just missed the description. It was one of our first cool experiences contacting together and one of the better ones we have had. 

I love you guys! I hope you guys have a great week!
until next time

Got the package last Friday! We picked it up when we went to the office for the Permethrin. I gave Elder Hassell like 7 ties.  He loves them, and I have the ties for Vasquez separated. I'm glad I have these new shoes, and as always love the sour patch, cheetos, and mac n cheese! (my mom was upset that she bought the off brand because as kids we never liked it, but I love it and honestly forgot what I was missing with good old Macaroni and Cheese!)
We went to David's house after the Jumanji activity. We were able to take home some left over pop.  This is Hassell drinking 3 liters! its 3 not 2, almost all the soda here comes in three liter increments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment