Monday, June 18, 2018

Week 77: Families are Forever


Here we are with President Ferman at a multi zone conference. It was our last meeting with him. This next week are changes... it will be the last that he makes and then the new mission president is in charge.

This past week was definitely one of the weirder weeks I've had here on the mission. Monday we had a Zone p day. Our zone played a lot of sports together and then we separated to buy stuff for the week.  On Tuesday in the middle of a lesson I got a phone call about my Uncle Mark. He had passed away earlier that morning. I was allowed to call home and find out what happened and how my family was doing. I'm very glad everything is okay and that the funeral could be a good spiritual experience for most.

We had a lot of luck this week. We had 5 investigators attend church this week and they are progressing! So I'm very happy that the work right now doesn't have me stressed. On Thursday we had our last multi zone with President Ferman, it was a strong meeting, I felt the spirit in his remarks as he bore his testimony on eternal families and how we need to focus on them more here in Honduras. 

I loved the meetings we had and the people we have taught out here. Alejandro and Valeri are progressing and then we have Paola who looks really excited now to be baptized, I hope it happens. Next week will be changes so I'll let you guys know what is going on with that.

To the Roberts Family- I want to bear my testimony and say thanks for all the examples I have and had. We all have our downfalls, but I know the Lord Jesus Christ loves each of us. He tries us to see how much we love him so he can bless us more fully. I know it is hard, and I feel the hurt too, but I can say that I have received comfort. I know that we will see Mark again, but we need to do our part. I know the church is true and has the power and authority of God to seal families together forever. I love you all and pray for you in this time of grief that we can all love and feel the hand of the Lord in our life more fully.
Love you all!  

We are off to Paola's to teach a lesson. She is 19, she is the daughter of Zonaida Lanza. Zonaida has been a member for 30 years but is inactivated.
Elder Hassell, Elder Thevenin, Hermana Hernandez, Hermana Machado, Hermana Lopez, and Hermana Rojas in the back with me flipping Elder Jimenez.
Pday: We played a bunch of sports as a district. Elder Thevenin is the District leader. There are 18 in our zone right now and 8 in our district.


No comments:

Post a Comment