Monday, November 5, 2018

Week 97: machete vs mower

So this week was an exciting one. Elder Arzac and I have a new district that we go to and my ld district of Germania now has 4 companionships-- 5 would be a bit much, so we now go to Ojojona every Tuesday for our district meetings. We also had a leadership meeting this past Friday. (it was my second to last one, I’m not baggy or anything!) It was a really good meeting, President was full of the spirit that day. I swear, everything he said was really impacting the desire he has for this work. It was is so-o uplifting. He is really pushing me to the last minute here in the work.  The leaders left that meeting very enlightened, and I feel that the others who are going home with me are going to be working really hard these last weeks. 

Margarita and all them will be baptized this Friday. They are really excited and ready. They went to church this last Sunday and they get along really well with the members. It helps that Margarita's daughter is already a member! We are also still working with that family I told you about last week, the only problem is that they didn't go to church on Sunday so there is a lot to make up but the dad is still very animated and can't wait to come. We are going to be focused way more on bringing them to church! Honestly that is where the people really start liking the church is the moment they step inside. Just the spirit the meeting house holds is enough to show people the church is so very different than others. Something I've really seen is the moment the people step inside the church whether in meeting or in a showing they love it. 

I'm still going strong, working hard everyday, I'm trying my best to not leave anything behind. Oh and we did service this week. We helped a member cut his grass with some machetes. It was really fun! I'm definitely going to be sticking to a lawn mower back home though! 
love you guys!
Thinking about my area and all the cool places that I have seen and the cool view I have in this area.
same spot, just from the other direction.
We helped Erith. He is the Young Mens president here in the ward.  Here in the Reynel he has a restaurant and sells some really good chicken. He is going to open one in the Santa Rosa soon. 
Fun hacking with a machete, but also why I'll be sticking to a lawn mower back home. It's hard work! 
Arzac getting to work.
This is the "before" picture. The grass grows super long and the people just start throwing trash into the grass,
so it is good to cut it often.
This is our finished foto.
Beautiful Honduran Sunset
They don't have daylight savings time here. It always gets dark at 6 (and we don't use flashlights)



No comments:

Post a Comment