Monday, November 12, 2018

Week 98: a wonderful weekend!

This week we had the baptisms of Margarita, Angelo and Margarita. They are now members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The baptism went very well. 

We are teaching Orlin, who is nineteen. He really understands the things we are teaching. We taught the restoration and it went really well. When he asks questions he really wants to know the answers. Honestly he is one of the best investigators I have had. 

Elder Arzac turned 20 on Friday. We celebrated as a district. He had fun and was very surprised.
The zone is getting a lot better now. We are having more and more success.

I am enjoying my time reading the Book of Mormon. I got to really read and study Jacob 5 and the allegory of the vineyard. I was able to do a chart and think of the time periods which helped me understand a lot of what was happening. I got a lot out of it and I loved the Lord of the vineyards cry of "what more could I have done more for my vineyard". It let me see a lot of what God does for each of us and what he says when we don't accept him. He has done so much for us and will always seek to help us in our trials. 

I love my God and love this time in my life that I have to be an instrument in this work. 
Love all of you guys! 

Read the Book of Mormon!

Love,
Elder Roberts 

I baptized little Margarita, then Angelo, and then Margarita. The Bishop and the secretary of the ward helped with the confirmations yesterday. It was a wonderful weekend!
Elder Arzac turns 20! We surprised him and celebrated after district meeting. 
The Elder's in Ojojona decorated, the Hermana's were in charge of the cake, and I bought all the gift bags.  I had to buy a lot of candy and the bags without Arzac knowing. It was way harder than I thought it was going to be.
Left to right: Taminez (Peru), Quiej (Guatemala), Arzac, Roberts, Chinchilla (Guatemala), and Cordova (Peru).
This guy is awesome! He is really humble and he is always trying to do what the Lord wants done.
AND he is always coming up with fun things to do, and he is talented in weird ways... who can balance an axe and hammer on their chin?
a view of the building on Residential San Sebastian that we meet in.
The Manantial Ward and Germania Ward meet in this building as well



No comments:

Post a Comment