Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 99: Angy's Strength

This week was good! On Friday we had a multi zone meeting, my second to last one, my last one will be either the 29th or the 30th. It's crazy that it is so close but president has been having the missionaries who go home share their testimonies, and the only thing about the one coming up is that that I will be doing it in front of a seventy that will be visiting, Elder Zeballos of the area presidency will be coming to see our meetings. So that will definitely make me feel a little bit more nervous. 

Then this week we focused a lot on the Light the World initiative the church holds every December for Christmas. When missionaries work with the members instead doing the tasks individually that is when we find the most success. It'll be interesting to do before I go home, because it focuses on serving globally the first week and then serving your community the second week, and your family the third week just when I arrive home. 

The true highlight of the week was a little girl we met yesterday, she is a living breathing miracle! Angy of ten years had an incident about a month ago, she accidentally hit an electrical wire that hit her with about 700 volts of electricity so they say. The fact of the matter is, she hit a similar wire two men hit earlier and the two died on contact. She on the other hand not only survived the contact but the 45 minute drive to the hospital with burns all over her body. She would later lose her right arm at the elbow. What is amazing to me is that we went over to visit and the little girl who hurts to only move around wanted to get up and shake our hands! She showed great strength as she arose determined to shake the hands of two young men who she had only known a couple of minutes who introduced themselves as messengers of Jesus Christ. We then talked of her experience, the shock did some damage to her memory, but she remembers most of the information. Later after she fell asleep we sang the hymn ¨I need thee every hour¨. We then comforted her parents with a message of Jesus Christ and his Atonement he made for each of us. They took comfort that He knew exactly what Angy and they individually were going through.

This was an experience that I believe will change my view on those we think are weak and how the Lord strengthens them. 
I love you all. I know the Lord strengthens and watches over us. 

Love you!
Love, Elder Roberts

no fotos this week
my converter no longer works, I am buying another one today. Sorry no pics today
Arzac sent me this pic: This is our zone pday in Ojojona. We had a lot of fun playing frisbee and soccer.


No comments:

Post a Comment