Monday, September 10, 2018

Week 89: Baptism and a package - Ojojona

Ojojona is really calm quiet town, many people say that nothing ever happens in Ojojona.  It is a little town and they are so happy to have missionaries there.

So this week was a good one! We had a baptism, his name is Milton and he is going to be a really good addition to the ward.

I got my bday package from home delivered by Mission On the Fly to the mission office. It was a really good thing, and something that got the energies up for Elder Owen and I. Spaghetti sauce from home! There was some Hunt's tomato sauce and some even better noodles! Elder Owen and I threw in our own pizazz. 

We had interviews with president which went really well. He taught me about trying to become better in all the facets of life, a lesson I needed. 

Other than that not a whole lot happened. The week was very successful in the fact that the study I have had has been very worthwhile. I truly can see the knowledge and love I have for the Savior of the World growing everyday. I combine the study of these two inspired books (The Holy Bible and Book of Mormon). It’s something I really needed as I have been looking to appreciate the circumstances the Savior found himself in in His mortal life.  I really enjoy the observations of James A Talmage in his book about the Savior and the prophecies that come to pass within the Book of Mormon.  I can also feel the love I have for the Savior come out as I testify of Him as the Redeemer of the World.


Well, love you guys a ton


there are three main churches in Ojojona. El Calvario, San Juan Bautista and El Carmen.  This is a picture of San Juan Bautista, a really old church. We met Elder Huscroft and his companion Elder Duarte (he's from San Pedro Sula).  Huscroft came to buy recuerdos (souvenirs). He heads home on September 19th just like Owen. Huscroft is serving in the Bulevar as his last area. He got permission to come meet us in Ojojona on Pday.
Elder Owen likes Mtn Dew!
I think it's my favorite drink here and in the states
We are in the same district as Elder Mattson and Elder Katashima. They were with us in Ojojona too. 
We baptized Milton Adonis Martinez Estrada (14).  His aunt brought him to church and we started teaching him.  We are teaching his 8 year old brother, Josiel right now. (the mom doesn't want to give him permission to be baptized for now.  We are praying.)
Happy Birthday to me! Mission On the Fly delivered my birthday package.  All of the Golden Knights stuff I love a lot.  I'm told there is only 6 more days until the new season starts. Go Knights Go!
Noodles and Spaghetti sauce from the states!  We pizazzed it up with some onion and Quesio, it's like a stringy cheese down here.
your favorite elder is at Hermana Rosas.  She is a really nice member who always gives us food to eat.  She feeds Elder Owen and I at least one meal a day Thursday to Monday. We love it!
Hermana Rosa's son, Elvin is the second counselor in the bishopric of the ward.  He gives us dinner on Tuesdays.  The whole family is really great!
I was just fiddling with my camera and pretty much always catch this guy smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment