Monday, September 4, 2017

Week 36: Nueva Capital's first meeting and visiting Picacho

So this week was weird. I had an interview with president last Saturday and he advised me to trust in the Lord more. So we tried it. We stopped working our tails off and starting focusing more on quality lessons with power. And I would say that it has worked. We have put on a lot of fechas for baptisms. We now have 7 people planned for baptisms. The dates are set, with continuing plans to invite more people to come unto Christ. 

I have been really looking forward to this next month and the coming weeks because we now have officially organized the group up in the Nueva Capital. Sunday was amazing.  It was super cool. I have pictures of the groups first meeting. I feel this is something super historical, and I hope and pray that it keeps growing. We had 9 investigators come to church and they all liked it. We have at least two baptisms each week planned after the ninth of September. Pray for them. I hope and pray that they will continue having good experiences investigating, and can know these things are true. 

Nueva Capital's first meeting. We had 58 people come. 58 people in Elder Navarro and Elder Roberts' little casa.  We had chairs brought up. The bishop and stake president came, and we now have a group leader.

Elder Navarro and I got into a couple of disagreements.  We have apologized and are working to solve our problems. For our efforts we are working better than ever. I truly believe and know that the repentance process makes us better and more susceptible to the Spirit. 

We have an investigator Ruben. He has given up smoking and his Saturday night party schedule to go to church. He is also learning English at a super fast pace. I truly believe he has given himself to the Lord. He is 24 and has the desire to go on a mission. I hope he can keep with it. He's an awesome dude, with some cool prayer experiences. He has prayed and received an answer and now he has gone to church and he likes it even though it’s in a tiny little house up in the Nueva Capital. 

Kevin, Robert (17), and Melbin (19) are three youth investigators. They are all super excited about the gospel. They have prayed and love the Spirit that they feel in church. Sunday’s meeting was a super cool experience for them, they loved it and plan on coming to more. I can’t wait for the next week to tell you more about their progress.

This week in my personal scripture study I was reading a lot in Mosiah and a little in the beginning of Alma-- as a missionary I love this part of the Book of Mormon. It talks a lot about the hardship of being a servant of the Lord and having patience and faith. I hope all of us, as servants of Christ, can have the patience and faith to suffer our afflictions and be better daily. 

I’m so happy to have your support and prayers, and I hope you all feel and know that you have mine. I pray that you see the Lords hand in your life.
I hope you have a good week!
Love you all and keep on truckin’

last P-day our district got to visit the famous El Cristo del Picacho. It is a statue of Christ up on the hill Picacho in the city of Tegucigalpa.



(Caption this)...

The view of the city is beautiful from this location

ruins of Picacho... Interesting fact: the El Cristo del Picacho statue was built in 1997
read all about it!
my companion and I in front of the ruin steps

my tv tray? No, it's a quetzalcoa (feathered serpent, macaw, and spider monkey statue)
I'm holding up eight fingers. I have 8 months

All the guys in my district.  A member brought us up here (brother Martinez). He took all our pics







teeter-totters at Picacho!
Navarro, Me, Cleverley, Mena, Medrano, Canales, Ruiz, and Candia


An old church up here by the Cristo that was used by the Catholics.
a sketch and watercolor of the beautiful place by my dad. Thanks Dad!

Jesus (in a jail cell? weird...)




checking out our pictures. We took a lot of them
It was a fun P-day

This is Christopher. He is 10 and excited to be getting baptized. His mother, Sandra is a member and he has other family members that are members.
When I look down on the city at night I feel home. 
I closed my eyes for these photos trying not to think of home. 

Wednesday I reported to the immigration office. I saw Zachreson there. I am now an official resident of Honduras. They took my picture and fingerprinted me. No longer on my visa.
Elder Medrano goes home this Thursday. Elder Cleverley gets transferred to Loargue. I'm now going to be the only gringo in my district.
Our District: I'm the guy in the glasses (Elder Mena's glasses)
The last picture of our District together.
back row: Elder Medrano, Ruiz, Mena, Me. front row: Elder Cleverley, Canales, Candia, Navarro.
email me your caption: christian.roberts@myldsmail.net
my inspiration... from Star Wars or Lion King?



No comments:

Post a Comment