Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 35: Not looking back

We had a lot of visits this week. We talked with a lot of investigators. Our goal was to try and bring them to the chapel. The chapel has a spirit about it and we wanted to get them there. 

We have a lot of people who are super excited about coming to church because it's not so dangerous for them anymore. We have had some good discussions with some families and I hope they will pray and and get an answer. Missionary work is hard. A lot listen to our message, but aren’t ready to make changes in their life. I pray for each of them. I hope that they can come unto Christ. 


It’s really feeling different, the people always used to say, "no quiero ir porque es lejos y peligroso"  and now they are saying, "Aqui en la nueva? cuando son sus reuniones yo quiero ir". (they have been saying: “I don’t want to go because it is far away and dangerous.” and now they are saying: “When are your meetings? I want to go.”) I’m glad it is changing. I feel the Lords help here in la Nueva Capital. In early August my worries were about keeping the area active and baptizing because we were in a drought. In just a month we have found a lot of good people.

We also have been visiting someone who has been in contact with the missionaries for a long time but has never had interest. On Saturday he opened up and we were able to help him. He says he wants to come to the church and has accepted an invitation to be baptized on the 23rd of September. I hope that I can be better every day and that I can continue to fulfill my purpose as a missionary and invite more and more people to Christ. 

This week passed by really fast and I hope that I will have more to write you next week. I want to end this letter with a thought that has just come up while I’m typing and it's the Lords invitation in Luke 9:61 and 62. In it it talks about joining the work and not looking back. We can’t do it, it’s really impossible to focus on the work and have the Spirit if we are continually thinking about our past mistakes, or what we left, or our family. We can’t be what the Lord called "chosen"... because yes, many of us are called. If we begin the work, if we choose to be baptized, and then start looking back we aren’t going to be as efficient or powerful in our work because our heart is elsewhere. I love this work and it is hard not to think of home. I hope the Lord can allow me to do it on Mondays while I’m writing all of you. I hope you can have a wonderful week and feel your Saviors love, and work diligently for Him and our Father in Heaven. 

Love all of you!

Keep on Truckin’

(sorry, not much for pics this week...)

Look it's my trainer! Elder Giraldo. Remember him?
missionaries singing hymns, waiting for interviews with president.
Elder Medrano.
Elder Navarro, my comp looking through his photos at night

Today for p-day we got permission to go to the El Cristo del Picacho (Honduras), and no, that's not a pokémon. It is a Christ monument that is on the hill of El Picacho in north Tegucigalpa. I'll get pics for next week. 

Benito (from this post) has been good. We haven't been able to talk to him a whole lot. He has been out of town. He had a whole party come and help him into a car to take him. We are waiting for him to come back so we can start teaching him again. But he's good.

This Wednesday I have to report to the immigration offices at Colonia El Prado at 8:30 am. I will officially, mas o menos (more or less), be a resident of Honduras.  No longer on my Visa, a "full-timer".

The sony camera has officially died. I'm now using the nikon and there is a significant difference. (we are glad we sent him with 2 of our old camera's and told him if he can find one for 200 lemps then he should grab it. He also said that missionaries leaving for home sell their camera's too)

Send some polyester ties in my next package. If they are silk or cotton the rain ruins them. I can get ties here but they just don't hold up the same. I want some well made ties. An angel moroni tie would be good. I could use some bright orange, green, and maybe another red tie.











No comments:

Post a Comment