Monday, September 4, 2017

part of the letter from my mission president this week


When I got his weekly letter I cried because he just knows that I have been feeling like I'm not doing enough or making a difference.


part of president's letter this week:
... I feel that you are making your effort to advance the work of the Lord, you have enthusiasm and you may feel sadness for those who do not receive or reject you, but that is normal because I know that you feel love for the people, but your sorrows must be brief and then move on. I see great potential in you, but the enemy will try to turn it off, do not let impieties or distractions make you forget Christ your Master or forget your duty as a disciple, take care, raise, serve your partner, teach diligently ...


I got another letter after this letter saying to tell you guys (mom&dad) about the letter... and that he says to say hi, and that he loves you.


Mom's response: What a nice letter. I feel that you truly love the people.  I like what he says about making your sorrows brief and then moving on. It has got to be hard, because we want all to see and feel the light that the gospel brings but we can't force it on people.  We all get to make the choice for ourselves. That is why we are here on earth.

Dad's response: Tell president that we love him too.  It isn't easy to be a mission president I am sure. It's hard to be patient as a missionary and to trust the power of free will.  But remember, we are blessed for our efforts - not our results.                                                                                                                

              

No comments:

Post a Comment