Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 37: eye doctor for Navarro

So this week was kind of a bummer. It started great though. Elder Navarro and I are working hard and we are seeing a lot of progress in our investigators. 
We have Ruben who is 23 years old, he is a funny guy who believes firmly that we are called and sent by God. He is reading the Book of Mormon, and has given up smoking. He has come to church twice and I hope he comes this next week. 
And then we have Christian who is 16 and the nephew of Ruben. This past Saturday he told us that he prayed and received an answer... that he knows the church is TRUE, he believes Joseph Smith is a prophet and that all the keys were restored to him. He, like Ruben, is also preparing to be baptized on the 23rd. 
We also have Kevin, Melvin, and Robert. They have been friends for about 6 years and are all investigating and progressing at the same time.
And lastly we have Christopher, who is 10. His mom is a member but stopped attending church two years ago so he hasn’t been baptized. He is going to be baptized this next week! He is super excited for this next Friday. 

Elder Navarro got some bad news this week. He has been having some problems with his vision. We went to see an eye doctor where we were told that he has some inflammation in his cornea. I think he had a surgery called transika before coming out, and now I think he's having some side effects.  The doctor talked to us and said he thinks that he may need to go home for another surgery for the inflammation. I’m not only bummed for Elder Navarro but have been super bummed because I feel like the work has started progressing in a way that I have never been a part of and then we get this news. He will need to go home quick and they could possibly close our area because I am without a companion. 

Elder Navarro with the Eye Doctor
He has another appt. with a doctor who is more associated with the surgery that he had before he came out. This doctor said it's possible that he will have to go home or he may go blind.

I have found myself loving the people of the Nueva Capital more and more each day. It is hard to even think about leaving it. I’ve been practicing focusing on the people more and their needs, than focusing on myself. You might could say I’ve been a little self-centered/selfish (if you don’t believe me just ask my sisters, Alyssa and Abby.) 

I’ve not only felt the success of this area but have had a lot of fun as well. I hope and pray that Elder Navarro will be okay. I have grown to love the guy and I want him to be able to serve a full mission or what ever he is capable of. I love this area so much that I won't care if I get paired with even the most disobedient guy in the mission. I’ll give it my all, we will work hard and do all we can to bring these people to Christ. 

I was reading in the Book of Mormon. I had a fun time reading the Ammon and Aaron chapter of missionary work. It was fun for me because I see a lot of the people that I see here daily in the Nueva Capital in these chapters. 

The group is still good, we had 47 people attend yesterday that were just from the Nueva. Attendance was a little bit lower than last week, but not as many people from El Divino came up to help. The group will be on its feet in time, I feel that it will work out great. Our leaders here, are super excited for the group and are working hard. They have been some of the best leaders that I have seen out here on my mission. 

I love my mission and my Savior. I can feel and know he's helping us out more and more each week. I love this work and it’s now getting easier for me to go about doing everything a missionary is supposed to do. I just hope and pray I don't fall into being a lazy. I've been working hard and I hope and pray I can keep it up. I love you guys and hope all is well.

Keep truckin’

The Sanchez family feeds us lunch on Sunday's. I'm sitting by Elder Morales. He is our new District Leader.
We had rice, beans, and chicken today.
The mom of the Sanchez's, her name is Yhadira.
It's a small world. Their son Nephi is in Costa Rica. He was in the CCM at the same time as me.
-being goofballs-
Their son Hyrum, he's 17, just jumped into my lap for the picture! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment