Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 22: let them eat cake

My amazing companion and I eating cake in celebration of my sister Abby´s birthday.
Today was a normal week, we had a lot of walking and a couple pretty crazy moments. One was an amazing contact, like I totally didn´t expect it. We were planning on going to an investigator´s, when instead we got the prompting to go to an area that is a little dangerous.  We acted on the prompting.  It´s a ten minute walk from the court at the church. When we got to the area we went to this house just to ask how to navigate.  I have never really been there. So we ask these two women if there are any members nearby and somehow that led them to the point of asking what we believe. So Elder Valdetano and I each shared our testimony of the restored gospel. The two women even teared up a bit and invited us back. Their names are Nancy and Jocelyn. It was a good experience to have in the week where I would say not a lot happened. 

We are now doing a lot of work with Isis, Deivi, Hector and Yamilet. They are progressing. We are helping them raise money to get married so they can get baptized. They all have the desire to be baptized its just getting them married so they can make covenants with the Lord. 

We had another cool experience yesterday with 20 year old Hector. The guy has been through a lot. He was addicted to drugs and was turning to some pretty hard core stuff. He told us that one night when he was out of it he felt something different. He says his heart kind of felt like it exploded. He says he had a dream that Jesus was talking to him and telling him that he needed to be better.  When he woke up he says his mom practically fainted just from the difference that she saw in him. From that moment he says he has been looking for the Lord’s church.  
We took him to the church and showed him around for 2 hours. He kept asking questions. Questions after questions, we were answering and bearing testimony the entire time.  He said that he would come to church on Sunday and would pray about being baptized by the power and authority of God. It was crazy! I look back on it and can´t remember the words I spoke, because honestly I don´t think they were mine. The Lord definitely made us tools in his hands and was helping one of his children find the way back home. I hope to stay worthy of being this tool throughout the rest of my mission. I hope Hector continues to progress, and Nancy and  Jocelyn also. 

Transfers are coming up in a couple of weeks.  I feel like I have a lot of work to do and not a whole lot of time in the area. I don´t know if I will be staying here in Campamento. I hope I can do all that the Lord would have me do. 

Love all of you guys and it was so good to hear about Andrew opening his mission call to the Washington, Seattle Mission. I know it´s where the Lord needs him. 

Happy Birthday Abby!

Keep Truckin´

Elder Valdetano put this hat on me and took a foto. We are at the house of Isis and I had just finished teaching a lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment