Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 18

SO this week was a doozy, we got some for real almost salmonella food poisoning on Tuesday! 
I lost my wallet with some personal cards in it on Thursday. I called the district leader who then directed me to the assistants, where I was able to ask for permission to email my parents so that they could call and cancel the card, which was granted. They made the call and my card was canceled. I felt horrible. It´s no fun losing something so important. It gets better...
On Saturday night my comp and I are out proselyting. We decided to talk to one of our less active member´s who just so happens to sweep the streets in Campamento. While we were talking I brought up that I had lost my wallet and this member pulls out my wallet and asks "Esta esto?" I shot up in surprise, because it was indeed my wallet! The Lord had worked a mighty miracle. The card is canceled but I have recovered my temple recommend! 

The work this week has been pretty slow but we have a date on the baptism for Nayeli for the 27th of this month, which she accepted! We were with the young men having a mutual Saturday night. We talked about sacrifice and one of the young men, Omar Flores, walked up to me and asked simply, "Yo quiero estar bautizado" (I want to be baptized). I was dumbfounded. I asked him why, and he said he had felt while we were talking that what we were saying was true. He is twelve and his birthday is the same day as Abby´s. He wants to be confirmed on his birthday. So we put that as the date. We told him we would like to meet and teach him some more and he was very happy. I hope his parents give the permission for him to be baptized. He can keep attending technically, he has all the attendance needed to be baptized and has a lot of friends in the young men. We will be praying for this to happen for Omar.

Not too much more happened. I found out that I´m getting a new companion tomorrow, Elder Valetano. He was in the CCM at the same time as my trainer and is from Mexico. Elder Giraldo will be training again and opening a new area. Good luck to him, and have him in your prayers because he´s a good guy. I´m excited to get a new comp and to be able to get a new set of eyes on our area. Elder Giraldo and I have worked hard. We´ve talked to almost everyone in the main pueblo, now we have the outskirts, and will at one point knock on some of the same doors in some time and see of we might have a different influence of the spirit with us. We love the people and want to help them see the light and love of Christ and the joy that it brings. 

This last week was a lot of talk of charity in my interview and also in district meeting I shared a thought. I hope and pray I can have this pure love of Christ. I want to help the people here the best I can and the way He would if He were here. I hope to be able to find people to talk to that will listen and to be able to teach them, as well as understand their needs and to help them. 

Wish me luck and keep truckin´ 
a touching moment, I cried. Elder Giraldo and I traded ties. The tie he gave me was his grandpa's. He says it symbolizes Cali, his city in Colombia.

Goodbye Elder Erick Giraldo from Cali, Colombia, a great trainer.
Got ourselves some Chinese food! 450 limpiras for all of it!
Drinking water. It´s so hot! (don´t worry mom, it´s purified!)
found a TARZAN vine and tried to swing from it with my Book of Mormon.
my dad would be so proud!
Elder Zachreson broke the light switch and I fixed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment