Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 21: A Baptism

My companion and I with soon to be baptized, Omar Flores
SO this week has a big highlight - Omar, who had had some problems with his dad giving permission for him to be baptized shared his testimony with his dad. He testified to him that he believes the church to be true. So his dad supports him in his decision but didn't want his baptism to happen on his birthday like Omar had been planning. We didn't want this to be a set back or to have Omar change his mind, so we got basically got everything organized and prepared for his baptism in a day. He had his baptism interview on the day of and we were able to get last minute assignments taken care of. (we were lucky, they all showed up.) Omar was late which had me stressed out and praying that he would come for the baptism. He made it, he said he had to finish his homework to leave. It was was a really cool experience baptizing him in Spanish.  After the baptism my comp and I went out and worked. 

The Lord really showed His hand by guiding us to some pretty positive new investigators. I'm really happy for that.

Isis didn't come to church yesterday. She is still teaching a class to children in another church. I shared the parable of the wine bottles with her. She is trying to put this new life as a member in the old container and we basically said it won't work. She agreed, and said she will try to come next week. She was obviously sad because I know she enjoys what she is doing, and we love that she wants to teach and told her that she will have the opportunity to have a calling in the future as a member. She was happy after that, so we left happy. 

We had a really awesome lesson with a 16 year old. Her name is Andrea, and she wants to know about baptism. SO we shared with her about power and authority and that a baptism is complete after receiving the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands. She liked the doctrine and when we gave her a challenge, she said she would like to pray about it. 

All is going good out here. I'm loving speaking now and it's getting easier to speak. Elder Valdetano compliments me. He tells me that my Spanish is getting better and better with every lesson. I don't want to think too much of this, I have to stay humble so I can have the Spirit with me. 

I look at the area and its changing. I for a time had looked at it as only a probationary period, everything will be better when I leave, but in my time here I have come to love the area and the people. I know now this work is directly related to your love for the people and your humility. The Lord wants us to be humble. He is with us and gladly help us when we are humble by allowing His spirit to touch the lives of those you teach through humble and bold testimony. 


Love you guys and Keep Truckin'
Elder Zachreson is the District Leader. He is on the phone making preparations for Omar's baptism
Elder Valdetano is excited.
Me with Omar!
Campamento Branch's newest member!
It's been raining a lot. A street in Campamento
our sink (mom&dad don't know if this is because of the rain or what)
(cute little boy)




No comments:

Post a Comment