Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 17


 Elder Giraldo and I with Comayagüela Mission legend, Hermano Fortunato. He was the first baptism of the Comayagüela Mission. He is in our Branch.

SO another week down, we have been working a lot with our progressing investigators and all seems to be going well. Familia Lozano is progressing with the children but the parents not so much. The Dad isn´t too interested anymore; and, when he is there it kind of feels like he is pushing us out the door. 

I had interchanges on Tuesday with Elder Zachreson (I need to take more pictures with him because he is one of my good friends here in the mission).  We went to the Lozano Family and we found out Nayeli was reading! Its a huge step because she remembered and asked a question; but, the Dad started pushing us out (not literally). So, we gave a quick invitation to read more and we said we would come back Thursday. We went back Thursday and they weren´t there; but, I swear I heard the voice of Marco Jr. being all excited because he heard us and had questions. Then it was like someone shushed him and all got quiet. So we left and went back Saturday. We found out they weren´t there after all because the grandpa of Nayeli and Marco died and they were in Guaimaca. Nayeli had forgotten her question and hadn´t read again so we left with another quick invitation and she left to Guaimaca again for the official funeral. 

The rest of the week was pretty slow with some contacting and visiting our other investigators. We hope they keep one of the invitations we give so we have something to grow on and they show interest. 

We went back to the Pastor Wilmer and saw him leading his congregation. He kind of wanted to do a power trip by buy us stuff and say we are friends (and we are) it just started the lesson a little weird. So we talked again about authority which is where all our conversations lead with him. Once again he got on edge and asked where we got our authority. Now instead of talking about Joseph Smith we talked about the priesthood, which was interesting to feel that spirit when I have never really born testimony about it before. I know through my experience with a family who has had God´s authority and my priesthood leaders that we have it. I have been blessed through faith and the Lord's will.  I could tell he felt the Spirit because he stopped asking questions and contemplated our words. He meekly said he would like to think and he was done for the night. I felt the spirit and I offered the invitation for baptism when he receives his answer to the prayer he would SHORTLY GIVE, which was crazy! I didn't know if he was going to pray, but I felt prompted to say it. It shocked him and my companion. We left with him giving us a "sure, if it happens" as his reply. We will go back this week either Wednesday or Thursday and see how he is. I hope he got the answer he needed.

So that´s all of my week! I hope all is good with you guys back home and hope when the hard time comes (and you have to think) you will pray to your Father for answers. 

Love all of you and KEEP TRUCKIN´


It was Hermano Fortunato 83rd Birthday. He had tears in his eyes when the vanilla sponge cake was brought out. His family from surrounding areas came to celebrate.  His grandson is standing near his left.
a guy was selling cotton candy in the park across the street.
After District Meeting in the Guiamaca meeting house. We made lunch with the sister missionaries.

Eggs, Beef, and Rice.
Elder Giraldo's a goof ball. Next week are transfers. I´ll miss him if he or I has to leave this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment