Monday, June 5, 2017

Week 23: Hands

foto taken on the bridge to Cacao

So this week was a doozy, we spent a lot of time in Cacao working with some of the less actives and trying to find a nine year old that wants to be baptized. Her parents want us the missionaries to stop by (the parents are less active and I think the dad wants us to baptize her). Her name is Dianee and she´s really nice and excited for us to come this next week and talk to her parents. 

Hector Pagoada came out on divisions with us on Saturday to Cacao.  The guy is excited and pretty serious about having the gospel in his life. He accepted a baptismal date for the 24th of this month! 

We were at this members house and the father asked for a blessing so we told him we would give him one after we taught them a lesson about faith. SO we started the lesson with a prayer, Hector was asked to give it. Hector starts the prayer, and in the middle of it walks over to Carlos, the member and puts his hand on his head and starts trying to give him a blessing. All the while the branch president is with us, so it felt kind of awkward. We then started the lesson, which went well and then gave him a blessing. The spirit was so strong and I felt that I had said what the spirit wanted me to say. It was definitely a priests of Baal moment for Hector.  He began asking questions about priesthood authority on the way back to Campamento. We explained to him that faith can work miracles, but with divine authority as our guide it it is more effective. Hector was then super excited and began asking the process so he can receive the priesthood. The guy also wants to serve a mission. He is 20 years old so he can, and I hope he is able to. He has a very strong testimony of Jesus Christ. 

We talked to Dania this week as well. We found out that she and Ariel are going  to separate. I am so sad for them.  What was once a happy engaged couple changed rather quickly. Neither side wants to marry the other. I don´t really know why, but they simply said they aren´t going to marry and that Ariel is going to go live with his mom until he leaves to Juticalpa to serve in the military. Really bummed. 

Hector and Yamilet are going to try to get married by the 22nd so they can be baptized on the 24th which is exciting. Isis and Deivi are going to try and be married by the 26 and then baptized on the 1st of July. A lot is happening really fast and we are trying are hardest to get members of the branch involved, so that the couples can have a positive relationship with the branch members. 

It´s a lot to do in little time, but we try our hardest everyday. I´m glad to be one of the Lords servants. I have started looking a little bit more for the Lords hand at the end of each day. It happens more often than I think. His hands are there when a door opens for us as missionaries. I feel His love and the guidance of the spirit when a scripture comes to my mind at the last minute that changes the discussion and means something huge to the investigator.  His hand is in my life when I am able to bear testimony and it is just what a person needed to hear.  His hands are there, miracles happen, but it´s everywhere, in all the little things that happen each day. It happens more often than I think.  The Lord helps us when we ask for it, and when we look for it. When we recognize and thank him for for any help we receive the spirit is so strong.  Our Father in Heaven is glad to have son´s and daughter´s who are thankful. So be thankful for when the hard times come and we think we are forgotten, because the Lord is trusting us to do the right thing. When we choose the right we receive blessings. 

The days out here are hard, but I receive help. 
I know He loves me and all of you. 
I hope all is good with you all back in the States. 
Keep Truckin´

My comp and I with Hector. He likes to hang with us.

a BALEADA
This ones made with refried beans, eggs, cheese, and sour cream. Yum!
This is Isis and Deivi

I bought these for breakfast. The entire thing cost me 25 lemps. ($1.07 US) It´s a type of banana. They call them mínimos, they are exactly like a banana just smaller.

Walking back to Campamento from Cacao at dark.

Hector lives in Campamento. He was out visiting members with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment