Monday, August 27, 2018

Week 87: 4 grandsons baptized

Junior, Selvin, Kenny, and Kelvin.  I baptized Kenny and Kelvin and Elder Owen baptized the other two. They all live with their grandpa (Vicente Sierra), now there'll be a lot more Young Men in this ward.

This week was the culmination of a lot of the work we've been doing here in Tizatillo. This week we had the baptisms of Selvin, Junior, Kelvin and Kenny. We've been working with them since I got here in the area. They are the grandsons of a member who has been a returning member for a really long time, he wanted to come back and at the same time get his grandsons baptized. So Elder Owen and I got to work teaching and preparing them to be baptized and confirmed members of the Church. Selvin and Junior now have the Aaronic priesthood. SO since we have had 6 baptisms in August now we have to start looking for September and October. We have people getting ready, it’s just putting on the last touches, making sure they are decided and ready. Other than that the zone did okay this month, we are figuring out how to work together and what the strengths and weaknesses are here in the zone of Loarque. 

On another note I started reading the book Jesus the Christ again and it came to my mind how important it is to know the Savior and redeemer of the world. About him, of him and of his love for each and every one of us as his children. I'm going to be focusing on reading Jesus the Christ a little more as I've finished the Book of Mormon again for this year. I hope that I can get this out of my reading of Jesus the Christ and that I can grow to love my Savior more than I already do. I love you guys and hope you all have a fantastic week! 

Love, Elder Roberts
shorty's filling the font!lol (the way the glass makes your legs look)
I rolled my ankle this week and my knee hit the ground really hard. 
don't make fun... it hurt really bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment