Monday, August 6, 2018

Week 84: cake in my face!


turning 20 - cake in my face!
This week went really well and sadly at the same time I’m kind of glad its my last in Santa Fe. I have been in this area since February. I’m sad because there is still so much to do in the area, but glad that I get to see a new part of Honduras. I don’t know where I will be transferred or with who because the mission has changed how they announce changes. I got a phone call from the mission office and was informed which missionaries would be transferring. So we don't know the details until tomorrow around 9:30 my time. So lots of prayers that I can get to my new area okay.

Saturday I turned 20. My birthday celebration went well. The people here in Honduras made my birthday special. We went to Hermana Zonaida’s house. She with the help of my companion made tacos and bought a huge birthday cake! I was super surprised. I didn’t think anyone would be celebrating it with me this year as I had kept it on the 'down low' because I didn’t want any eggs broken over my head again. But it was a good surprise. I think I love the celebrations here, as they are all simple but full of love. I'm glad my companion thought of and organized the celebrating as it was good to see the good or fun side of the celebration, because last year I experienced the not so fun part. In my opinion an egg smashed on your head with the insides running down your face isn’t very fun. Paola, one of our investigators, did a good job getting everything ready she was the one who was really on top of the celebration. SO I thank her and the rest of her family who made my birthday special. It was one I definitely will never forget. And I thank those of you who sent your wishes via email, that made my day all the more special. 

I love you guys and can’t wait to see my new area and to let you guys know how its going! thanks guys!

Love you tons!!!


Congratulations Rober!
I guess the lady in the shop didn't know how to spell my name.  I think she's used to names like "Gonzalez" and "Hernandez"... lol 
w/some of the people that were at the party (Danny, Michel, Paola, Isabel, and Maria)
 Danny is investigating the church.  Zonaida invited him to the party. He is their neighbor. He is receptive in his learning of the gospel he just doesn't go to church yet.
Elder Contreras and I with Isabel (she is Paola's friend), Maria, and Zonaida.
I am very thankful for them making my bday special. I am glad I got to know them.  I hope the best for them and that I one day get to see them again after my mission.
cutting the cake
The Lanza family has been one of my favorites here in Santa Fe.
Michel and Blanca
Elder Contreras was telling our friends it was my birthday even though I was trying not to say anything.  So, I got to celebrate my birthday a couple of times.  This cake is a cookie cake. It was super good.  Hermana Cesia made it.  I don't have any photos with her.  She and her brother had Elder Contreras and I over on Friday.
Saying goodbye to David and his family before changes.  David and his family were so nice to my companions and I while I was here. 
Andrew
They have Mountain Dew here. My comp knows I like it.  I didn't know he was buying it for me. He surprised me with it Saturday morning. 
All for me!
Missionaries at Pizza Hut celebrating Elder Thevenin finishing his mission.
The sister missionaries names are Ceja and Hernandez.
This is Elder Thevenin's notebook.  Everyone writes notes and contact info.
a new suit! it is good. i like it, i'll definitely wear it to multi zone meetings
--birthday fun with the Lanza's!

No comments:

Post a Comment