Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 66: General Conference

So with General Conference weekend came some changes that I won´t be able to experience here in my area. We are still awaiting changes as tomorrow marks the day they are planned to happen. We normally receive the transfer news of who goes where via email by now, but they still have not arrived. 

Conference was as Jeffrey R Holland put it ´´a rush of revelation and we don’t know if we can take another rush´´. I was very surprised with all of the news we received this past weekend. The change in the higher priesthood meetings to the change in visiting and home teaching. I´m a little afraid of how different the world will be when I arrive home. No, I´m not trunky or baggy, I´m still focused on serving the people of Honduras and bringing them to Christ. The month of April should be a good one here in Santa Fe. 

I loved the talks of our beloved prophet, Russel M. Nelson when he spoke of revelation and how to better receive it. I was lifted out of a rut that I felt I was in. It was just what I needed to hear. His list is one I now follow and am finding success with the promise to make our spiritual capacity for revelation greater with just one morning study session. My companion and I now find ourselves in the middle of study making our way to a secluded place to pray and then speak of how we felt when we are planning. I feel the Saviors hand more steadily in the work. I know this talk was one that was for me and many others. 

I am so happy for the two new apostles and the proof that the Lord still converses and reveals his plans to man. I don´t know if I told you but Gerrit W. Wong, one of the newly sustained Apostles came with Quentin L. Cook to speak to us. When he was called I knew it was divine truth and that Ulisses Soares is called of God as well. 

This week flew by with it being Semana Santa or Spring Break, not a lot of people were home so we could only visit a select few people. In each visit all were very aware of the season and were very open to the message of Jesus Christ that we are trying to spread across the world. I am so proud and happy to be a missionary of God. I love him and his divinely called servants.
I love all of you and hope to have a very busy week and to get a lot done and to sacrifice much for the Savior of the world.

Love,
Elder Roberts

A member (Hermana Blanca) helped us make these ties. We saw this fabric and thought it would be fun to have.
We made this pizza for our pday activity last Monday. We had the help of a member who makes bread. We bought the rest of the stuff. Us gringos attempted making some barbecue pizza, it wasn't like Domino's, but good enough.
Elder Sullivan, Vazquez, Jimenez, and I in front of the Honduras Flag. We need a bigger flag.
Hermana Rojas and Cronin.  Rojas is from Costa Rica and Cronin is from Mississippi.  They both  currently serve in the area of Country.
I guess Hermana Cronin was having some fun with my camera when I wasn't paying attention. 
a view from the balcony at our house in Country



No comments:

Post a Comment