Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 68: Familia Ortega and Quezada Interchanges

Some unhappy news for the week is that Cristofer was not able to be baptized this past Saturday as he had a family emergency. I think his grandma got sick. He told us that this week on the 21st he will be baptized. I hope he does, he is honestly a “member” already with how he acts and all that he knows about the church. 

I was able to go on interchanges this week on Tuesday. I stayed in Santa Fe and received Elder Jimenez for the day. We worked hard and we spoke to some less active families who attended church on Sunday which was really cool! When Elder Vazquez and I got back together we went contacting to my request ... nothing like the old reliable tricks ... but nothing! I was shocked once again by this area. So, with a very discouraged gringo elder, Elder Vazquez felt we needed to go to David´s, and shortly after arriving and talking for a little bit Vazquez brought up an old family they had never been able to meet with. David told us he would speak with them and on Friday he got back to us and said that they are interested again, so this coming Saturday we should be able to meet with them. They are the Familia Ortega and have 5 people over the age of 8. I was so surprised and humbled that the Lord has looked out for us. 
So this weekend with Cristofer’s baptism we should be pretty busy with all the planning and the last details in preparation. 

I then had the experience of going on interchanges with Elder Katashima from San Diego. He is currently in the Quezada area and I also got to spend time with Elder Franco from Tabasco, Mexico and Elder Morlaes from El Salvador, San Salvador. It was a fun interchange. We talked and joked about stories from the mission all I experienced accumulated into a very good interchange. I learn a lot from these faithful Elders. 

Elder Katashima honestly was a highlight to my week. He is such a joyful and enthusiastic person. The worst thing can happen, like an important appointment falling through, or an elder gets sick and this guy stays happy. He taught me that just through his example in a day long period of interchanges with him. I hope I can develop a quality like this, to be happy and enthusiastic in troubling circumstances. I know the Savior can strengthen us, he looked on each one of us through his suffering.

I hope you all have a good week and can be happy and enthusiastic as I try to be as well! 

Love you guys! 

I am in Quezada with Katashima, Franco, and Morales
Elder Morales is a  little quiet, but when he talks he is hilarious.
Four missionaries live in the Quezada house. It is gigantic.

for our pday activity today our district is going to Walmart. (I know, right? but it is what they wanted to do) 
but next week we are going to Picachu!

No comments:

Post a Comment