Monday, January 29, 2018

Week 57: su melón and...

so this week went by really fast! Elder Huscroft and I don’t have trouble being invited in to houses, but the people lately have not been wanting to continue with our lessons so we visit them less frequently. 

This week we had a lot of baptismal interviews to do. We don’t really mind them, but it takes some serious time away from our area. So we tried to make all of our time count in Juticalpa. 

So I have a new nickname. Elder Huscroft calls me Melón. It is because some kid thought I had the same skin color as a melon. So now Huscroft has just been calling me su melón. haha

We have had a lot of fun while we are out. We make the hard times good, and the good times great! I love this about our companionship. This week was particularly hard for us because our baptismal date Wilson decided he doesn’t want to get baptized now. He has been scheduled to work on the weekends now, so he doesn’t want to get baptized. It is super sad and so Huscroft and I are going to focus on some other people that we have so that hopefully February will be a really good month.

A pretty big power outage happened this week. It was a real bummer because we didn’t have power for two and a half days. A group of protestors decided to destroy an energy tower. So the power went down at 1:00 pm on Wednesday and the rule is-- if there is no power at 6 then you go home. Most of the people that we meet with are only available at night.  We had very little time to work, I felt like the work we could have done was cut in half. It is hard to work if we don’t have electricity.  So it wasn’t super good with putting new fechas on our calendar like we were planning on. 

So now Juan Orlando is officially president of Honduras. Honduras has gone crazy in the capital.  The protests have been affecting everywhere really.  Power outages and the way food is being moved around.  We are fine, but I hear that in Tegucigalpa it is craazy! 

My hope for this change with my new companion is that we will have some more investigators who will progress. Finding people to teach and who will or want to continue learning has been our biggest challenge.  I just hope and pray that next week will go better and that we can get in touch with some people that the Lord is preparing.  

The weeks are passing by really fast, it’s kind of freaking me out, but I know I’m making it last.  I love everyday that I am out here. I love you guys and hope all is well-

Keep Truckin’
Nickname for Elder Huscroft?  He is wearing the sunglasses of one of the kids that was at the home of Dora.
Dora needs to be married to be able to be baptized.  We are kind of waiting to talk and teach her husband before she can really progress. 
We are in Guaimaca doing the baptismal interviews of Karen and Alejandra.  They are soon to be baptized! They are the investigators of Elder Castillo and Tun.
a sleeping Elder Huscroft and I on our way back from Guaimaca.

maybe I'll start a scrapbook of sleeping elder photos!
The Honduran countryside...
This is the bus stop in Campamento, one of my old areas. 
a place I have spent a lot of time waiting "forever" for buses
 2 1/2 days with out power.  The people here aren't really affected by it because the power is sketchy anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment