Monday, January 15, 2018

Week 55: Gringo's own Juticalpa

So my week has been super fun.  Elder Huscroft and I have really kicked it off.  Well, we are pretty good friends and it has been a week, so that says a little.  Our week went by really fast as we spent most of it in travel. 

Tuesday we went to changes and I said goodbye to Elder Banda and then my new comp and I headed back out with Elder Valadez´s new companion and Hermana Latimer’s. You guys will remember Valadez´s new companion in Elder Candia who came the same time as Elder Navarro. Hermana Latimer’s new companion is another gringo-- so us gringo’s own Juticalpa! 


So far it has been a lot of fun. We are working super hard. The only weird thing is when my new comp and I go out contacting/looking for people to talk to well, it seems that the people are rejecting us a lot more. So that’s a bit aggravating, but when we actually get in the door magic happens! (kind of like when we prayed for the Vikings! haha. I just saw the score in my dad’s email before writing my letter (Viking shout out! -you’re welcome Brett! haha)). 


So since we are struggling with not being able to get in the door and finding a lot of people... Huscroft and I have put our frustrations aside and have all the faith in the world that good things will come for this next week because one) we don’t have any travel plans and two) we are going to put everything on the table and see what the Lord can do for us. Elder Huscroft and I had a lot of time to talk about the area and the people so we have come up with a couple of ideas for the zone that I hope will help us out and let us have what we call success. 


We also had a ton of fun with the package I got. I want to thank everyone who sent me Christmas presents and also thank Mission On The Fly for delivering them. They made a lot of missionaries happy! 


We had a weird moment this week which was actually kind of funny. So we got this reference from the church, so Huscroft and I were basically thinking it would be golden so we setup an appointment and we headed out. We get there and the guy gives us a seat and he starts talking... It took me like 2 minutes to figure out what the guy was wanting. He was trying to pitch to us. He had contacted the church thinking he was going to get a business deal. Huscroft was super funny. When he realized what was happening he started talking to me in english about what we should do. I think the guy thought we were actually considering, so when we declined he got super disappointed. Definitely one for the books! Anyway, overall it’s been a pretty uneventful week,  just a lot of knocking on doors and travel. I hope to see and focus more on some of the little miracles instead of meetings. 


Oh and by the way- I didn’t feel the big earthquake last Tuesday. I don’t think anyone in Juticalpa did. Some of the people here are freaking out, but I really think we have just a bunch of people that want to say that they felt it. 7.8?  The members that were up that late tell us they didn’t feel it and nothing happened here.  All is good and I can’t wait to go about the work of the Lord.
Love you guys keep truckin’ 

Elder Gunnar Kihci-Miyikosowin Huscroft from Saratoga Springs, Utah.  He has lived there since he was 14.
This is Hermana Walton. She is Hermana Latimer's new comp and she is from San Diego.  She completes her mission in February so Juticalpa will be the last area of her mission.

with some hilote - it is corn on the cobb and Huscroft loves it.
The guys liked the rubik's snakes from my package.  I like them too but was busy figuring out my new camera ;)
Two missionaries on a moped.  It is the moped of the family Soleno.
??  remind you guys of anything ??
Huscroft and Roberts eh?
Dumb and Dumber!  slackers and dim-witted we are not!
This snake freak me out. We found out that it was dead so we shot a Steve Irwin video with it. 
 
Our encounter with the devil snake was touch and go... maybe we should start an animal show for PBS





No comments:

Post a Comment