Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Week 5: The part where I can't wait to leave the CCM and I still hope this time never ends...

The Guatemala City Temple in the foreground with the CCM in the background
So, this is a hard and exciting letter, I have had such an amazing time in the CCM and have learned a lot! I was in the temple today and for some reason the spirit hit me so hard! I got into the celestial room and prayed my heart out in thanks and for some more help with the language and the gift of discernment.

I'm sorry about not explaining the split very well last week. Elder Stahlei going home and moving Elder Solomon and his new companion to the other district has been tough but I understand why they did it - we weren't progressing anywhere near as fast as we are now!

It was fun to look in the pocket calendar that Mom and Dad gave me for Christmas this week. I notice that Dad had marked the first Sunday in February as a special day of fasting for all missionaries so that the Angels will have a good pitching staff this year. That made me laugh. 

To give you an idea of what we do for exercise and stuff on our preparation day, we like to play basketball and volleyball and some weightlifting. I'm actually putting some muscle on that I lost (you can tell Brett that he better keep up!) I do 2-3 miles on a bike too but it's hard to do it all in only an hour. 

Mom asked about what I do as Zone Leader, mostly my job is to give a report on how the zone is doing every Sunday and make the sacrament schedule and stuff. 

I have really become close with Elder Sydney Solomon from Anaheim, California and Elder Travis Busby From New Zealand. I hope to maintain the relationships throughout my mission. I love these Elders. Elder Busby knows the hakka and did it in goodbye for Elder Valentine and Staheli, it was pretty cool. 

Yesterday we had an awesome devotional by one of the Area Seventies and it was awesome! (I can't place his name) But he spoke of his mission and baptizing 36 people in one day because he acted in faith. I got the opportunity to teach with Elder Darling because my companion, Elder Meek, got sick and I needed a companion for my lesson. Elder Darling did really well,
I was surprised! Yeah, I had to help him a little; but, his grasp on the language is amazing! We taught a really successful restoration lesson and the spirit was definitely there!

Tell Grandpa I got the life straw from Kollin. I was able to have Kollin in my temple session and that was pretty cool. This week really has been a grind for the language and the rest of this next one will be too! So, not a lot has happened but the spirit has definitely manifested. It has been so good in the CCM and I kind of wish I had more time but I know I'm ready. I have the schedule down, and I’m ready for some change and to have some more proselyting experiences! I can't wait to get to Honduras and actually be teaching someone instead of a teacher's old investigator! Yo se que mi obra en Honduras es la obra de Dios, Yo se que mi padre Celestial tiene amor por todas personas. La personas en Honduras mejor cuidado porque Elder Roberts es vengando!

I love you all and I can't wait to write all of you in the field next week. I don't know exactly when yet. I love this work and I hope I am prepared for the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment