Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Week 4: The Joy and the Sorrow of 2

Elder Roberts' Guatemala CCM Branch

So I have officially been out a month and I swear it feels like I should be going home, probably because it´s pretty much the same stuff over and over. Sunday and Wednesday have become the highlights of the week for me. 

We had a really fun beginning of the week that was also kind of sad because Elder Stahlie left for home and Elder Solomon, one of the "rocks" in our district was really down about it, and that kind of brought all of us down because he is usually so happy. With the new transfer of missionaries we all became one big district with the group I came in with which was super cool; but then, right when we were all getting used to each other, we got split and we LOST Elder Solomon to the other district! BAM! Gut punch! He's still kind of his happy self, but the happy giant isn't so happy anymore. So, we have been trying to cheer him up with scriptures and with pulling a few pranks on the new Elders.   He is doing well now and is starting to be the Solomon of old! 

Kollin and Braeden arrived, having my family in the CCM is super cool. It was really kind of aggravating the day they arrived because the teachers wouldn't let me go greet them! I had to wait which wasn't too bad, but still they are my cousins! We took a picture in the hall and I have been trying to be an example as the Zone Leader of our Rama (Branch). Kollin is a District leader so it's really funny to see him in these mostly Spanish and all Spanish meetings because I must have looked the same not so long ago! 

We have been having a lot of fun and we pranked Kollin with the same prank the older guys got me with! It was funny because he had read my blog and still fell for the prank! It was hilarious! 

We have had a lot of fun progressing in the language and to see Elder Meek progress. I have had to stop talking as much and it´s hard, because I can hear what I feel prompted to say and I want to say it! Still, I know my companion is receiving similar revelation so I have to wait my turn; because the teacher has pulled me aside and said something along the lines of "let him talk or I´ll stop responding to you in our investigator lessons." So, I have obliged and it is hard, because Elder Meek is like Elder J Tyler Christensen from The District 2 missionary videos. He waits until he is sure and certain that what he is about to say is from the spirit! But now we all have to wait so he can form the sentence and be sure it is what the spirit wants him to say. SO we don´t get full lessons done or they don´t flow as well as we want. Elder Meek is definitely getting better and that also means the lessons are getting better.  I´m super happy to have a companion who will most likely pass me because the teacher still is making sure I give him his part. 

We have received new rules and regulations about the schedules for missionaries. Our mission presidents make the schedule for the morning. We don't do language or companionship study in the morning anymore. It will now be when we feel it needs to be done during the day as a companionship! Planning is now in the morning, no longer at night. It's sounding pretty cool.
It will officially come into effect after I leave the CCM and make it to the field so there is a big change once I'm out in the field for all missionaries. 

I’m so happy to hear of the blessings happening in your lives at home and am happy to see them in mine! I hope the Lord keeps the windows of heaven open as I place my will on the altar of sacrifice, and am building the kingdom of God on my mission! yo se que el obra y gloria de Dios es la inmortalidad y la vida eternal del hombre, yo se que Jesucristo murió por nuestros salvación, yo se que Thomas S Monson es el profeta de Dios en el mundo ahora. 

I Love you guys and I pray you guys are safe in every prayer and that you will be blessed. 

I’m glad Alyssa and Abby emailed me it made my week a whole lot better! I’m happy Sydnee and Sophie are growing in their testimonies and that they still seem the same loco niñas as when I left! 


I Love you all and hope you each can know how much that truly is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment