Monday, October 15, 2018

week 94: best week ever!

Our whole zone went to the temple on Thursday. President Mejia has changed our schedules so that now us missionaries will have a trip to the temple twice a year. left to right: Elder Chinchilla, Katashima, Medrano, Caal, Tun, Maughan, Arzac  and Hermana's Taminez and Marroquin
This week will go down as one of the miracle weeks here on my mission! One of the best weeks I have had. I have truly felt the influence of the Lord in my daily actions. I´m glad He still sees me as a worthy and useful tool out here! I originally thought that our new daily assignment of 10 contacts was going to be really hard to do but in reality it is something that we as missionaries can do very easily and it brings great blessings. Honestly we are almost to the point of needing to run to our appointments we have so many people on our schedule. It also helps us crack down on losing time out here when we have a free moment we are now knocking on doors or talking to people on the street. I´m telling the truth when I say that I haven´t felt more like a missionary while on my mission than like now.

The 10 daily contacts is one of my favorite things to do! At times it seems that we won´t have time in the day but we always end up finding people and being able to seek the people the Lord is preparing for us to speak to. Sometimes it seems we find people who are just looking for a fight, but it gives us some funny experiences. Elder Arzac is really good at turning the conversation and making people think kind of like Jesus with the Pharisees. We also feel by being challenged to have 10 daily contacts we have to be out spreading our message more. We have more meaningful conversations and feel like a lot more people are hearing from messengers of Christ. 

We also were able to go to the temple on Thursday. It was a really good experience.  I got to put the challenge of the prophet in practice and ask God to feel the eternal love of the Savior. It was a solemn and sacred experience for me, never will I forget it. I think it honestly has changed my life! I want to come to love and show my love as much as He has done unto me. I want to be able to show that love to you all personally if I could right now! I know He loves each of us personally and not all generally. I know He has called a prophet of God and I know that HE lives! I know that families are forever and can be so through divine authority of God. I know He has given that authority unto man and if we are worthy and faithful we will be his instruments. I love you guys with all my heart! 

love,
Elder Christian Joshua Roberts

This is Elder Maughan and Elder Tun, they serve in our district in the area of Manatial. Their area is right next to the area where Elder Arzac and I are serving. 
suit surfers 
we ate at Denny's after the temple. the food tasted SO good
view of Loarque itself
my Tuesday socks 
don't worry mom-I turned the energy off to the house
it has been smoking so I thought I would look to see what was up




No comments:

Post a Comment