Monday, July 9, 2018

Week 80: President Mejia and family


Elder Contreras and I with our new mission president and his family.  They will be a family of 4 in October when the new baby comes. The little boy Sebastian is 6 years old and pretty crazy. He is too funny. I think I got on his good side because he likes to copy me. So I started playing around with him and I think Hermana Mejia liked that.


So this week was a good one, the Lord is raining down some blessings and I’m happy to get them. First off he sent us a new mission president who wants to change things up out here in Honduras Comayaguela, not that is bad, but the new president wants to make it even better... and I'm all for it! We now have quite a few more recommendations about how to work and I think they will bring a lot of success, and they have just in the first bit of trying it out. Second the new president and his family are amazing! They give off the same love that President Ferman and Hermana Ferman have for each of us. 

Their boy Sebastian is a little chaotic but he likes to have fun, and the Hermana Mejia is pregnant and will have their new baby girl around October. They are very excited.

With the area I said there are some blessings that have come down. This month all of the baptismal dates we had have dropped because our investigators aren’t too sure if they are ready to take this step. It’s perfectly fine, but stressing for a missionary. On Sunday we were blessed when a less active family came to church and want to baptize their son who is 12 years old. It was a pure blessing that Elder Contreras and I weren’t expecting. 
We are still working with Paola. She is having some trouble getting everything cleared up to be baptized. She lives with her boyfriend and she is looking for solutions. This Sunday she came to church and she asked me about tithing and then paid tithing... that same day. It tugged my heart strings a little as I saw how much she desired the gospel and its blessings in her life. I hope everything can get cleared up and she can receive the fullness of the blessing the Lord has in store for her. 

This letter is a little bit shorter so I hope my photos explain a little about my week. I hope you all have an great time this week and know that I love you guys! I can’t wait to get back and see all of you, but the Lord´s time for me is now!


July 4th was a success! My mom says I am brave because I went out like this (I didn't go out with the headband on, but the tie yes). The people loved it, nobody said anything bad so I take it as a success.
16x20 Wood Carving of the First Vision.  Carved for me by Hermano Lopez.  His full time job is wood carving, he sells his stuff to tourists in Copan and Roatan. It took him about 5 weeks, he does carvings for a lot of missionaries, but I'm the first to ask him to do the First Vision.
Last Monday in the Cyber.  It is so hot and muggy while we email, kind of does it's toll on the best of us because of the heat from the machines and there is no AC. "You're Killin Me Smalls"


No comments:

Post a Comment