Monday, December 11, 2017

Week 50: ¿All is calm in Juticalpa



So there isn´ t much time to write this week. I want to let you guys know that I am back in Juticalpa and for the time being working a normal schedule. 
We got back on Tuesday. The ride back went pretty smooth. We did get stopped at one point for a search, but they didn’t find anything so it was all good. 
The country is still in civil unrest. When they really announce who won the election everything is going to go nuts! Our Mission President is doing good keeping us informed about what he is planning and how we can help the plan go into action. He has mentioned that we should be ready when everything picks back up. It´s been really worrisome out here because well, nothing is happening, but everyone says Tegucigalpa is still in the same shape. 

Juticalpa is Juticalpa...it is calm and still hot here in December. I am coming up on my 1 year mark. It will be just one more year before the return of ´´Mister Twister´´, as Aunt Cassie calls me! I don´t want to think on that too much, just focusing on the work.  

This week was sad. All, and I mean literally ALL of our fechas fell through! All of our investigators lost interest and confidence by the lockdown. It has put more pressure on Elder Banda and I. SO Elder Banda and I have been out  ´´snapping necks and cashing checks´´! That’s a Will Ferrel movie quote... just meaning we have been working extra hard this week, working so hard that it is hard to recall everything. Heck I don´t even have photos! (mom is going to kill me!) Don´t worry, I have a sister from the ward that is going to send me some photos of a ´´service´´ activity we did in a retirement center. We sang carols and we had lots of fun smashing a santa piñata. It was fun, and my camera was dead and I didn´t know. Well, no photos until next week! 

Elder Banda and I have been talking with some good people this last week. We found some old investigators that hopefully with a little bit of time will have sprouted from the planted seed and want the gospel and really seek it. We hope to have a better week because of them. 
I don´t know how to explain what it is I felt when everyone who had been so positive fell through. It has been a literal heart break! I care so much about these people and it´s hard to see it go like this. I just hope that in the future I can or another missionary can go and bring back these lost sheep of the Lord. 
I´m proud to announce the rest of the zone is prospering though, we are finding a lot of people who are ready for the gospel and we hope to have baptisms for the end of this month, and the beginning of next. 

Hope all goes well! 

Keep Trucking´










No comments:

Post a Comment