Monday, November 20, 2017

Week 47: watch out for motorcycles

Hey everybody this week was a little normal en cuanto de que nothing happened.  We did experience some little miracles. Elder Banda and I were out contacting... we found a young woman that was out on the second story of a Cuarteria, a very small apartment building. We called out to her, and it’s funny, she asks us, “you guys here to beg for money?” We answered up, no, and said that we are representatives of Jesus Christ. She then asked us what church we represent, and we replied, la iglesia de jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias. She screamed at us, AH! She literally screamed and said, “esto si explica... son falsos!” At that time I was thinking that we should run away, but we stayed strong, and then she said that she was coming down. She answered the door and invited us to share our message right there on the first floor. I was thinking, based on her screaming that I would not go up anywhere near this lady´s house. Well, we talked for a little bit and we found out that she’s married and is pregnant and is very emotional right now. She says she says whatever thoughts come into her head. She asked quite a few questions about the prophet Joseph Smith which my companion and I were happy to answer. It was a surprisingly good visit, she invited us to come back. We left her house and I kid you not, some lady almost ran me over with a motor cycle! I was really shaken up and totally surprised to be in yet another gospel discussion. My companion and I, right there, were able to talk to the lady that almost killed me, and teach her a principle of the gospel. She was very confused on our beliefs apologizing saying, “Casi le envié a su dios Jose Smith!” We responded to her with, “si casi me envió a mi Dios pero mi dios no es Jose Smith.” This opened our conversation once more, we were able to tell her about the restoration, we testified of it and while we were sharing our message another family came out to see who was talking or teaching and they stayed to hear our message and invitation. We invited all of them to pray and ask which of all the churches on the Earth were true. They accepted and the day we set to come back I was on interchanges in Guaimaca with Elder Bahena (my travel companion from Guatemala to the field). From what Elder Banda reported to me is that the churches they visit did not get a yes answer. They answered him saying that they would visit our church with us this next Sunday! They also, based on their feelings, accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 16th of December! I’m so grateful to my God that I could be used as a tool, along with my companion to help these people learn of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Today we are going back to teach them some more. I hope and pray that the Spirit accompanies us like the last time. 

Keep truckin’ and wish my companion and I luck!     

Our zone at a good restaurant, Oh Crepa. My order is normally about 134 lempira. I ordered a crepe with Nutella and whipped cream, with Strawberries and bananas inside.
Elder Sullivan and I at Oh Crepa!
This house isn't where we live. Passing by it I thought it looked pretty cool. It's one of the more expensive ones here. There are richer areas here in Juti. These are places that are definitely different than some of the other areas I've been in. It's kind of cool contacting in these areas, even though we get a lot of rejections... but every once in a while a ready person will find ya.
A sword at the house of our recent converts Claudia and Fransisco. We found it and thought we'd take some pictures with it.
Me wearing Claudia and Fransisco's moms hat with a very old sword!
I thought it was cool, I'm still that little boy when it comes to swords and stuff.



Our recent investigators: Ashley ( pregnant) 24 years old, recently married.
Daniela 22 years old, motorcycle driver. And Johana (31), Alejandra (13), Nixon (18) and Marcos the family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment