Monday, November 13, 2017

Week 46: uno n zero

So it’s crazy to me that it is almost half way through November! This week passed by super fast, I can barely remember what went on. 
On Monday after our cave adventure we went to a Family Home Evening night with a family Soleno. My camera had died so I wasn’t able to capture any photos.We had fun playing some games and sharing some spiritual thoughts. 
On Tuesday Elder Banda and I found some good people to teach. 
On Wednesday we visited the Soleno family again and it was another fun night. Thursday came, and I got some “good old” Olanchano food poisoning! Seriously, just like the old days when I was in Campamento. It sucks. 
Friday we had our district meeting. I ended up giving a talk about the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion. I don’t want to sound prideful, but I put a lot of time and effort on preparing it and it felt so good to get feedback from people, about how much they enjoyed it. 
Elder Valadez and Sullivan were in Juticalpa for district meeting, and baptismal interviews with the Hermanas... they missed the last bus that night and had to stay over night. We had a "sleep over". It was a lot of fun. We messed around and played Uno. The guys are really funny.   
On Saturday Elder Banda was super tired and kept dozing off. I had some fun with him.  I guess staying up until 11:30 takes it out of the guy. He was falling asleep in our morning lessons, I couldn’t help but laugh at him. He got a kick out of it too. 
Sunday was a super sad day. We were expecting to have a lot of people in church. Well, to our surprise and heartache no one showed up! We are going to re-plan and go at attendance a different way this next week. So that’s my week--a little stressful, but I have hope that this next week will be better. 

Spiritual thought of the week: 
When was the last time we bore our testimony? I thought about this as we were asked at the last minute to give an Elders quorum lesson on Sunday. tWe ended up speaking about the Book of Mormon and the importance of our testimony in the latter days. Elder Banda did a great job. He has a way of teaching that I absolutely love! He always gets the questions out that help you grow and to do a personal interview. So he asked the question, “When was the last time you bore your testimony?” I had to think, and gladly being a missionary I share my testimony daily. Elder Banda’s question got me thinking about before my mission too and I really had to think, and I’m sad to say, I barely ever did. I hope we can all be better and strive to answer that question the way I can now. The prophet has asked us to bear our testimonies often, because I know if we don’t we will lose it, and for me every testimony is worth more than anything. A testimony is something that grows from our experiences and study time where we have felt close to God. Things we cherish and love, how sad it would be to lose something so precious. I know I need to be better in bearing my testimony, and I hope all of us can do it more often in our day to day activities. It’s not just for fast Sunday’s like I used to think. It is for sharing in life moments of learning and conversation in our time. I love you guys and hope we can all be better in this.

keep truckin'
The other Companionship missed the last bus to Catacamas. They had to spend the night. We talked about our areas and played a little Uno.  (Thanks mom, it comes in handy.)
Roberts and Valadez
Banda and Sullivan
This is not summer camp! 

No comments:

Post a Comment