Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 42: zone leader stuff

So, this week we have changes, and I have received a new assignment as a Zone Leader.  The good news is, I’ll be going back to Olancho!!! I am so excited to be getting back there. I have missed a lot of Olancho; the people and being able to say “oeee” without people giving me weird or questioning looks.  (“oeee”, is like saying hey) 

This last week we worked super hard. We worked with our investigators, set some baptismal dates to prepare them. It’s been great. I’ve been having a lot of fun with our recent converts. Elder Navarro and I got to go to the temple with Ruben and Cristhian. It was super cool and very memorable. I got to be a witness for their family baptisms and I got to do some confirmations for the dead, it was an experience I won’t ever forget. After that Elder Navarro and I got to go in the Celestial room and it was again a powerful experience. I was overcome with feelings that I have to work hard in preaching the gospel and also comforted about leaving the area. I ended up reading 1 Corinthians, chapter 1 and Jacob, chapter 5 and it was powerful. 

I don't have much more time to write, but my new companion will be Elder Banda. I have heard a lot from my current Zone Leader about the area, and he is super happy for me. Elder Mena will be going home the next change and he's telling me about how great the area is too, so now I'm really excited, but also humbled that the Lord is trusting me to a calling that I really feel unprepared for. I’ve just been a trainer and now I'm going to be a Zone Leader. I just hope I can be ready and have help from the Lord to do what it is I need to do as the Zone Leader of Juticalpa. This last week was one to remember and I hope I can have the chance to say goodbye to everyone I need to say goodbye to.

I’m glad the funeral of Grandma Helen went well and that the family had a good time. I hope you all got home safe and can have a calm relaxing week. I love you guys and am super excited for these changes because I will be spending Christmas in Juticalpa. I will be calling my family from the same place as our call last Mother’s Day. I’m kind of baggy, but I'm excited for a new area. I plan to work super hard, I'm going to make my next companion, who has three months left on his mission cry with all the walking we will do. jaja. I’m honestly without a lot of words, so I’ll leave with the Lord works in mysterious ways. 

Keep truckin’ I love you guys! 

Ruben and I. I ordained him to the office of a Priest this past Wednesday. He was ordained at his home, the Bishop was there and everything. After, we went to the temple. It was a good day.
Ruben and Cristhian -  Uncle and Nephew.
Ruben's mom is Nora and she has been a member for 6 years. She is very happy. They both live with her.
I trained Elder Navarro. I am his "dad" in the mission and now that he will be the "dad" - trainer of his new companion, Elder Caal, I will be Elder Caal's "grandpa".
Ruben taking pics...
Cristhian got a hold of my camera...

Last friday we had interchanges. The grandma of one of the members passed away. I was thinking a lot that day of what must be going on at home and especially missed you all.

On our Pday today we are planning to go to Tarocagua to eat lunch. Elder Navarro wants to buy some stuff as well. We are going to say some goodbye's and then pack. Tomorrow at like 11am I am going to Juticalpa with a stop in Lempira to talk about changes. Lempira is a zone in Tegucigalpa, we meet in the chapel there.

While in Olancho, Juticalpa I will get to my last area, Camapmento, but not too often. I will be going to Guimaca more than anything, and to Catacamas.
I'm going to try to go to some of the caves in Catacamas. I should have a lot of fun there.

No comments:

Post a Comment