Monday, October 2, 2017

Week 40: another amazing General Conference

This weekend was amazing, I loved watching conference this past weekend. All the messaged delivered by our church leaders are inspired messages. My favorite was Russel M Nelsons about the power of the Book of Mormon. I also liked Tad R Callister’s about its divinity. 

My companion has been struggling. There are some scary problems with our group leader. So watching conference and the talks about supporting our church leaders and reading the Book of Mormon for strength were something we really needed to hear. We luckily got permission from our mission president to watch all of the conference. Normally, well last year, he gave us permission to watch the afternoon sessions and priesthood session. I felt the spirit strongly in Jeffrey R Hollands talk, when he talked of the path of discipleship and our expectations as children of God, to try with all that we have. I loved it and more as he too spoke of respecting our leaders. 

This week we got bad news and even more bad news. Two of our investigators left to go work for two months, Kevin and Melvin will be gone. Then we found out that the gangs have threatened our Nueva Capital group leader because of a problem with his neighbor. Our group leader has said they are false accusations. And now that the gangs are involved, things are uncertain and scary. We are very concerned and feel that Satan is most definitely attacking our efforts.  He is working hard on and obviously not happy about the new group that we are organizing. I hope that we can overcome these trials and we can be better after. 

Ruben and Cristhian are great! They love the gospel and Ruben is going to go about preparing to turn in his mission papers. 

I am feeling great gratitude that my family is okay and hope that all our loved ones and friends will be okay as well. Just yesterday I truly felt the loving touch of the Savior. I had a thought last night of, "peace be unto your soul". I do feel at peace at this time of tragedy and I hope that others in the Las Vegas valley can receive peace as well. I know that if we ask for it with faith we may receive. We are here in this earth "that we might have joy". These tragic events are put in our path so that we may learn and grow. My heart goes out to Mexico and Florida, and Puerto Rico as well. I urge you all to read Stanley G Ellis's talk on trial and doing the hard things. Terror and tragedy is a tactic of the adversary--to bring doubt and fear to our hearts. Don’t give in brothers and sisters, be strong, don’t let hatred and sadness harden your hearts, take the harder and correct path to forgive your fellow men. I know our Savior lives and he is there with open arms to console us. I love you and if I could I would hug every one of you because in my moments of heavy heartedness all I want is a hug. You all are in my prayers! Study the talks of this last General Conference and find peace in the voices of the Lord in these Latterdays. 

I love you all, keep truckin

watching conference on the church computers on Saturday. Elder Navarro watched in Spanish and I watched in English.

Elder Navarro.


No comments:

Post a Comment